• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitmore's job is safe, says Burrell

Whitmore's job is safe, says Burrell

PAUL A REID Observer Writer
    Friday, December 21, 2012 | 10:19 AM

MONTEGO BAY, St James - Theodore Whitmore’s job as the head coach of the national senior football team is safe despite the team’s dismal performance at the recent Caribbean Football Association’s Caribbean Championships in Antigua.

At Thursday's graduation ceremony for the JMMB/JFF/UTech coaching school’s cohort 13 at the Montego Bay Civic Centre, president of the Jamaica Football Federation Captain Horace Burrell said Whitmore’s job is his to keep.

“Mr Whitmore will keep his job,” said Burrell who had just returned to the island hours before.

The news was not good for others involved with the programme however but Burrell said they would await the technical report he had ordered and actions would be taken after a meeting with the board of directors of the JFF.

Jamaica, winners of the previous two titles, failed to win any of their three games at the Caribbean championships, drawing once and losing two others games to crash out in the first round.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2FhVdsYGT
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Whitmore's job is safe, says Burrell

PAUL A REID Observer Writer
    Friday, December 21, 2012 | 10:19 AM

MONTEGO BAY, St James - “Mr Whitmore will keep his job,” said Burrell who had just returned to the island hours before.

The news was not good for others involved with the programme however but Burrell said they would await the technical report he had ordered and actions would be taken after a meeting with the board of directors of the JFF.

Jamaica, winners of the previous two titles, failed to win any of their three games at the Caribbean championships, drawing once and losing two others games to crash out in the first round.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2FhVdsYGT
    Nedda man dem ead deh pan di choppin black? Dem di gi les dan full suh-port tuh Mistah Whitmore?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That statement was broad. The coaching staff tried all possible combinations in order to achieve a decent result.Internally; something went wrong with the players.

Comment

so if something went wrong with the players. who take the blame????
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

anybody but the players themselves. yes?

Comment

did you answer?

If everybody under as a supervisor underperform, leadership has no role in it?

You simply can't just blame the players. If they have sole responsibility, then why do you hire managers?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Okay, let's blame the Brazilians then.

Comment

I don't know who to blame but I think that is why Burrell wanted the report, No?

Comment

maybe we should wait until the report is given to Burrell. Yes

Comment

who is jumping to conculsion? It is possible that anybody or everybody is to be blamed so I will wait and see. You can't abslove the coaching staff or anybody for that matter just now.

We seriously underperformed and is not one or two players.

Comment

Sass did I say you are jumping to conclusions?

Comment

he news was not good for others involved with the programme however but Burrell said they would await the technical report he had ordered and actions would be taken after a meeting with the board of directors of the JFF.

I dont understand this statement. Something don't add up.. Is whitmore and the brazilians on the same page. Is the captain interfering in the selection of talent.?? There is an elephant in the room somewhere..

Comment

Jawge...Whitmore should be FIRED!!!

Tappa need to thank the JFF CASH FLOW problem for his continued tenure.

That performance--having lowly football bottom feeders beating Jamaica is unforgivable!! Heads should/must roll!!
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

How can Burrell affirm Tappa continuing at the helm without the investigation being concluded?

Comment

No,just have an impartial investigation;one that is not limited in scope.

Comment

Working...
                              X