• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From million of pounds to Sterling Liverpool sees silverware

New Deal Delights Sterling
    Published: Saturday | December 22, 2012 0 Comments

Raheem Sterling ... has signed five-year deal with Liverpool.-file
    André Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

Fresh off a new £40,000 ($6 million) a week contract extension, Liverpool youngster Raheem Sterling is delighted to have committed his future with the club and is looking forward to repaying the faith shown in him.

Sterling put pen to paper on a five-year deal, which will keep him at the club until 2017, ending months of speculation and ensuring that the Merseyside faithful will continue to witness the development of one of the most exciting prospects in the Barclays Premier League first-hand.

The Jamaica-born youngster said that he is aware that there is a lot of work left to be done and that the new big money deal is not a sign that he has arrived.

"This is an 18-year-old's dream," said Sterling. "I am really delighted and grateful to be at such a big club like this.

"There is a lot more to be done. I haven't begun yet, as the manager has said. Hopefully, I can kick things in after the new year and try to do the best for myself and the football club," added Sterling.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was happy to see his young charge commit to the club, and believes the security of a long-term deal will help him to further settle to the demands and expectations.

"I always congratulate players when they sign a new contract and then I warn them," said Rodgers to United Kingdom tabloid The Sun.

"I tell them they need to decide after this contract whether there is going to be another at one of the biggest clubs in the world, or whether it will be at a different level. They can't rely on this contract and I make sure they know that. They have got that contract for what they have done in the past," he added.

"For young Raheem, we need to help manage the expectations. He hasn't long left school and we will support him," Rodgers noted.
    Last edited by Don1; December 22, 2012, 07:49 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Working...
X