Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again: This season's EPL is the highest quality I ha

have ever seen.

Cleaverly? Cleaverly! ...is clever! He is good...very, very good. At times the very best midfielder in the EPL! Amazing...where did he come from?

...and it is all locked up at Sawnsea 1 - 1 BoyU. This Swansea TEAM plays ball!!!

Another team our ReggaeBoyz could visit for training! ...not to forget our ISSA and NPL coaches!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I can't say it is the highest quality but I can say it s the mot entertaining in say the last 5-10 years, no massive difference between the top of table and bottom rung teams or not as significant as I have seen it in the past. Seems like we may be coming closer to parity across the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Seems like we may be coming closer to parity across the league.
      ...really? Well, if you are right, that is short lived until the next three come up from the championship.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I think you are looking at wrong point. The Comparison is year to year within the year. If you look at epl last year at this point the top team had a gd of plus 38 goals and the worst was minus 19. This year at roughly same point end of December the best team has a gd of plus 19 and worst is at minus 16. At this point last year 12 teams had a negative god versus 9 this year at same point in the year, that is a 25 percent improvement and the gap in team gd between top and bottom team is plus 3 while last year it is was plus 19. It may be the top teams have fallen off a bit and these last three up from the championship are better than the usual crop, look at West ham just up and are mid table at 12th with a gd of 0.

Comment

Okay - that makes sense. You need to teach Rockman how to write and mek sense.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Am I going to just be coldly looking at the raw data or believe my lying eyes?

Yes, there is parity but I do not think the top teams have regressed...even my GUNNERS has improved ...I think from top to bottom the standard of EPL football has 'jumped' upwards!

Aside: It sure would be interesting seeing Reading against our best NPL team in a home and away 2 match series....and from #18 in the EPL versus our Reggae Boyz each in similar home and away 2 match series.

Would love to see what that would do for our football after 5 straight years of such competitions ...dreams and transfer of coaching knowledge.
            Last edited by Karl; December 28, 2012, 04:03 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X