Is Arsenal a poor team, myth or fact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Arsenal a poor team, myth or fact?

I took exception to my bredren Jangle saying Arsenal was a poor team recently. I could not see where he was coming from, i agree that they are not playing at the top of their game at present, however there are mitigating circumstances. The loss of Van Persie is the biggest factor as the Manchester United fans would tell you, without him they wouldn't be sitting top of the league. Arsenal have tried Giroud, Podolski, Gervinho now Walcott as the main striker and until someone holds down that position i think they will struggle to find fluidity. A lot of people have said that Arsenal are poor defensively yet they have more clean sheets than everyone except Stoke and have the fourth best defensive record in the league. That is despite starting the league with our 3rd choice goalkeeper in goal Sagna and Gibbs injured, Wilshere and Rosickywere also injured and Diaby broke down soon after.I think they have done ok qualifying for the last 16 of the champions league and sitting 4th in the premier league. Expect Arsenal to have a better second half of the season and all the doom merchants will be eating humble pie once again.

Premier League stats below:-

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/_...league?cc=5739

Cho dunny,you see all dem tings yah. Sure the stats will show RvP contributing greatly to ManU success but to deduce that Hernadez or Wellbeck would be woefully lacking may very well be wrong.
    This guy Rooney was nothing playing alongside Ruud(something about being in the shadow),it appears to be the same today.
    Yeah we lost last season based on goal difference, if we had RvP from last year we would've won but Fergie's brilliance regarding the acquisition of RvP will only be realized in CL games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      Cho dunny,you see all dem tings yah. Sure the stats will show RvP contributing greatly to ManU success but to deduce that Hernadez or Wellbeck would be woefully lacking may very well be wrong.
      This guy Rooney was nothing playing alongside Ruud(something about being in the shadow),it appears to be the same today.
      Yeah we lost last season based on goal difference, if we had RvP from last year we would've won but Fergie's brilliance regarding the acquisition of RvP will only be realized in CL games.
      That assumption is based on the contribution RVP has made so far, he seem to be at the center of everything good about Man U's play scoring goals and giving assists. Hernandez and Welbeck are good players but i doubt they would've made the same impact as RVP.

Comment

RvP has made the desired impact but he did play in the games where we could not score a goal to rescue a point.No doubt by scoring in other games he prevented Man U from facing the same predicament.
        There are consequences to RvP inclusion on the team;aforementioned dipping in Rooney's performance,two viable strikers being sidelined,development halted(Welbeck and Hernandez)and Fergie being subdued by having at his disposal such a potent strike force(players selection and formation-screw the wingers).
        All of which RvP is not blameworthy but nevertheless a consequence...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
          RvP has made the desired impact but he did play in the games where we could not score a goal to rescue a point.No doubt by scoring in other games he prevented Man U from facing the same predicament.
          There are consequences to RvP inclusion on the team;aforementioned dipping in Rooney's performance,two viable strikers being sidelined,development halted(Welbeck and Hernandez)and Fergie being subdued by having at his disposal such a potent strike force(players selection and formation-screw the wingers).
          All of which RvP is not blameworthy but nevertheless a consequence...
          On the other hand if RVP was in my team i think we would be seeing a different Arsenal!, i know i need to get over it but that is a fact. Hopefully Wenger can find 2 plyers in January.

Comment

Yes, he was the latest.
            Despite that, Arsenal has always found a way to keep in the picture,the photo in which clearly Liverpool is absent.

Comment

Working...
            X