Raheem Sterling to choose England over Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raheem Sterling to choose England over Jamaica

JFF , no need to panic. Think long term. I doubt that he will make the English bench in the next 2 years! Get us to the World Cup finals and them ask him to join. We can 2 or 3 worlds cups out of him!

http://www.og.nr/rbt/10767-raheem-st...r-jamaica.html

Sterling to choose England over Jamaica
    5 hours 38 minutes agoFont size:

Jamaican-born Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling told reporters that he has made his choice to carry on playing for England at the international level of football.
    The 18-year-old who made his Three Lions debut against Sweden in a 4-2 defeat in November, stated that he "couldn't turn his back on England", after coming through their youth system. "It's 100% going to be England from now on." said Sterling. The Jamaican who recently signed a new and improved contract with Liverpool moved to England at the age of five with his mother and progressed through the youth system at Queen's Park Rangers before moving to Liverpool in 2010
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Good! I do wish him all the best. At least, if England does make it to the WC, there will be one lilly area of Kingston waving St. George's Cross.

Next!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Best decision for the young man, even though I would have liked to see him commit to Jamaica.

Think about it. With the level of disorganization in our national program, if I knew the young man personally and and was asked to give him advise, I would have to b dishonest to try to influence him to choose Jamaica over England. He will have a much better platform and more high profile program in which to showcase his talent to the world. The start-and-stop program we run in Jamaica is not ideal for such talent.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Best decision for the young man, even though I would have liked to see him commit to Jamaica.

Think about it. With the level of disorganization in our national program, if I knew the young man personally and and was asked to give him advise, I would have to b dishonest to try to influence him to choose Jamaica over England. He will have a much better platform and more high profile program in which to showcase his talent to the world. The start-and-stop program we run in Jamaica is not ideal for such talent.
        Not even in the Gold Cup would we be able to see him had he committed to Jamaica.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X