No announcement yet.

Gama Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a vacuum in the communication area.

Example, I am not sure if Tappa speaks spanish. My assumption is that the Brazilians did most of the interpretation in away games in South America and Mexico. Also if a camp was scheduled for Brazil--they have the communication covered.

Maybe the good Cap'n was depending on the $100,000.00 prize in the recent caribbean cup championship--to sure-up some critical spending; possibly funding a warm-up game before Feb 6th.

Tappa has reached the Peter Principle:
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

not sure if Gama spoke spanish either. am pretty sure he speaks portuguese though ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh friers Missah Barristah. Yuh need fi talk to the Bighead Man Mosiah fi get the right credentials.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

..the few Brazilians I know, appear to be comfortable with spanish...thus my guess that he might have been helpful in this area.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Yuh friers Missah Barristah. Yuh need fi talk to the Bighead Man Mosiah fi get the right credentials.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

a suh mi a get fi fin' out baba!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL !! WOIEE !

Man cold..

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  ..the few Brazilians I know, appear to be comfortable with spanish...thus my guess that he might have been helpful in this area.
                  keep guessing
                  Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    Doc, according to how I read it Gama is the Technical Director and Tappa "just" the coach of the senior men's team. The TD would have oversight of ALL teams, at least that's how I understand it. Tappa would be his subordinate and not the other way round... at least that's what I understand the structure to be.
                    In that case why didnt Burrell fire the coach and the TD?.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                      In that case why didnt Burrell fire the coach and the TD?.
                      Many recognise that Tappa might have dodged a bullet... And as has been suggested it could be that the fiasco was the excuse to shed some expenses. Gama's son I understand is still in the set up as U20 coach.

They also fired the goal-keeping coach, but it was pointed out that he worked mainly with those on the ground and not the keepers who started who are based overseas, so firing him wasn't based on logic...
                      Peter R

Comment

"If coach Whitmore was found to be responsible, he would be fired... but the committee didn't find him wanting as Gama was the man responsible for the entire technical aspect and it was thought that the team was not properly prepared (along those lines)," the JFF head noted.

Didn't, weeks ago,Burrell assured JP that Tappa will not be fired???
                        Was this committee sequestered or something?
                        "along those lines" certainly leaves it up to Burrell's interpretation.
                        Regarding accountability, the line between coach and TD is blurred.
                        When the uncouth Burrell fired the Brazilian, on foreign soil, immediately after a poor result in an away game,had the Boyz won he would have been spared.The coach would've figured in a favorable outcome,and not the perceived transgressions of the TD,which at that stage is already established,and in no way determined/influence by the results of the game.
                        Tappa better walk wid hym plane fare ticket for the return trip in all the away qualifiers.
                        In every mess we are forced to see what ever little good there is, I must say Tappa should be VERY motivated now to getting favorable results, and this does not excuse Burrell's shenanigans in the ordeal.

Comment

Working...
                        X