Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Yardman in League 2

Fleetwood: Jamille Matt leaves Kidderminster for record fee

League Two side Fleetwood have signed Kidderminster Harriers striker Jamille Matt, surpassing the record fee they paid for Jamie Vardy in August 2011.
    The 22-year-old only signed a new contract with Harriers on 1 January.
    But the Cod Army met a release clause in his new deal and Fleetwood chairman Andy Pilley has revealed that Matt has become the club's record purchase.
    "He's one of the hottest properties outside the league," boss Graham Alexander told BBC Radio Lancashire.
    "He's something that we haven't got at the club at the moment. He was our number one target to come and fill that void. Luckily for us, we've got him.
    "It's a great club for him to join and further his career."
    The fee for Matt will surpass what Fleetwood paid Halifax for Vardy in August 2011, which was believed to be in the region of £150,000.
    After scoring 34 times for the Blue Square Bet Premier champions last season, Vardy joined Championship club Leicester for in excess of £1m.
    Kidderminster have confirmed that it is their highest ever initial fee for a sale, beating the £200,000 they received for Lee Hughes from West Brom in 1997.
    And although the size of the fee has not been disclosed, Pilley said it is "considerably more than any other previous transfer" at Fleetwood.
    Continue reading the main story

Naturally we do not wish to lose Jamille's services, but we accept that this move is potentially a very fruitful one for him

Kidderminster chairman Mark Serrell
    A scorer of eight goals in eight league games this season, Matt is likely to make his debut for Fleetwood against Bristol Rovers on Saturday.
    Matt only returned to action in November, having not played since February because of issues over his work permit.
    Kidderminster chairman Mark Serrell was surprised the former Sutton Coldfield Town man would be leaving Aggborough so soon after agreeing a new deal.
    "We included a clause within Jamille's new agreement.
    "It was designed to offer the club a little more security and, in our view, hopefully keep him with us for at least the foreseeable future," Serrell told the club website.
    "We had not envisaged at all that any club would meet the criteria of that clause quite so soon, but Fleetwood Town have done so.
    "Their officials made an approach properly and through the correct channels which we commend.
    "Naturally we do not wish to lose Jamille's services, but accept that this move is potentially a very fruitful one for him and we wish him well with whatever he decides to do."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass i didn't realize this youth was Jamaican, i've come accross this youth a couple of time last season and thought he was a really good player. I watched a game against Bath City a think in December 2011 and this guy scored twice and was unplayable and then watched another game in early 2012 with him playing for Kidderminster against forest green and he was again impressive scoring once and hitting the bar twice and remembered saying to my bredren that if i was a scout for a championship or a premiership club i would take a chance on him. Very interesting!!

Comment

Somethings seems interesting about him. He must like him for them to going through all the trouble to get work permit and paying so much money for him. Never heard of him till now.

Keep us posted.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am confused? ((The Walsall born striker had been at Sutton Coldfield FC for all five years of his career and in that time he has scored 36 times. In his last game for Sutton he scored a hat trick in a 7-2 win against Goole Town. He'll be hoping to do the same for us.))

whats with the work permit thing?

Comment

Dunny, yuh know Paul Bignot? He plays for Blackpool. He's also Jamaican.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Dunny, yuh know Paul Bignot? He plays for Blackpool. He's also Jamaican.
            Don't know him personally but yes i used to watch him when he played for Newport County, i know he went to Blackpool but he haven't broken into the team, not sure if he is still there.

Comment

Working...
            X