Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal to Make Surprise Move for Veteran Inter Milan Goal

Machine

Emirates Stadium boss Arsene Wenger targets in-form striker.
    Arsene Wenger will reportedly look to boost his Arsenal attack with a move for Inter Milan veteran Diego Milito according to Ladbrokes.
    This source states that the 33 year old Argentine may not be a player the Gunners boss would usually target, Wenger be renowned for targeting youthful talents, but that the Emirates Stadium manager is willing to make an exception due to the Inter Milan forward’s proven track record at the highest level.
    Milito has racked up over 200 top tier goals in a career that has seen the former Genoa man win domestic honours in Italy and Argentina as well as playing a pivotal role in the Nerazzurri’s Champions League triumph in 2009/10.
    Indeed in his first season at the San Siro Milito scored 30 goals to help Jose Mourinho’s side to a treble that also including a Serie A and Coppa Italia double.
    Diego Milito has scored eight goals in 18 Serie A matches this season and is still a crucial member of Andrea Stramaccioni’s first team set-up but the veteran has been linked with a move to finish his career in his native Argentina but the chance to try his luck in the Premier League may tempt the lethal finisher.
    Wenger may see an experienced talent like Milito as an ideal alternative to first team strikers Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott and his pursuit of Barcelona forward David Villa does seem to suggest that the French boss is willing to bring in a player of advanced years to help strengthen his attack.

The return of Abou Diaby will feel like a new signing, Arsene Wenger has insisted.

The Arsenal boss has however urged caution over the injury prone midfielder who, after three months out with a thigh problem, could be included in the squad to face Manchester City tomorrow provided he shows no reaction to playing for the under-21s in midweek.

The combative 26-year-old Frenchman put in a starring performance in the 2-0 win against Liverpool at Anfield at the start of the campaign and looked to have shaken off his injury woes that saw him miss all but four matches last term.

But he pulled up in the 2-1 defeat to Chelsea in September and hasn’t played since.

Wenger said: “Let’s touch wood, that he will get stability without injury. He cannot be at the top today but it is very important that he comes back and plays until the end of the season.

“That would be like a new signing for us.”

Comment

Skeng, please don't mek the newspaper dem fool you. Arsene Wenger won't sign any players this early in the transfer window. What you have to realize about Wenger he hate spending money and is always looking for a bargain, so like a poker player he will wait until January 31st just before the window slam shut he will go to Spain where these clubs are desperate and will grab a quality signing or 2 memba me told you. The newspapers can write as much garbage as they like.

Comment

how u feel about tomorrow ...with this inconsistent team ?

Comment

Home win Skeng, Arsenal will go on an unbeaten run now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
            Home win Skeng, Arsenal will go on an unbeaten run now.
            Y'all can't ask for a better opportunity - no sergio, no yaya, no kompany...AND you have a fully fit squad. Still...CITY ME SEH!!! (2-1)
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              Y'all can't ask for a better opportunity - no sergio, no yaya, no kompany...AND you have a fully fit squad. Still...CITY ME SEH!!! (2-1)
              you can seh weh you want, with those players missing are the gonna play with 8 men? Who was missing last season and the previous 10 seasons when they left the Emirates empty handed?

Comment

Dunny stop talk foolishness

When will you realize than Arsene Wenger has lost the plot. Substituting Cazorla and Podolski for Aaron Ramsey and Gervinho in our last game. Any other Manager would be chastised for such foolish act.
                The game has pass him by. I think Arsenal should give him a statue outside and move him into the boardroom. He hasn't made any substitution or tactical improvement during any games i have seen this year to date. His subs are preplanned regardless of what is happening on the pitch. He is currently delusional as to the ability of his present squad.....Please sir wakeup. Soon before we start falling like other teams ala liverpool. Arsenal players currently assembled are missing alot of fighters/ players with football IQ....Walcot included the last couple games his eagerness to shoot first and selfishness to release his teammates for a better shot on goal was obvious and cost us dearly.If Arsenal win it would just paper tape up the cracks and arsene will continue to be delusional.
                "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Peejay, as a true Gunner and a man weh know football, i am telling you now. Arsene will make you and all the haters eat humble pie again. They've been shouting about the demise of Arsenal for the past 5 years and through it all Wenger as steered the ship through rocky waters. Wenger will still be at Arsenal 10 years from now and we will pick up a few trophies on the way.

Comment

So are you telling me Arsenal team currently

doesn't need an alex song. Plus how the hell can our players like Gervinho, Gibbs and others can't shoot with both legs. Even Giroud scared of his right foot having the Ball. Gibbs I hope will now shoot at goal after scoring last game prior to that the guy felt so scared shooting at goal. So are you telling me a coach can't teach these skills during training drills. Its sad because all Manu players shoot better than Arsenal players as a whole.
                    Sagna has not come in to take one shot on goal all season.
                    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                      doesn't need an alex song. Plus how the hell can our players like Gervinho, Gibbs and others can't shoot with both legs. Even Giroud scared of his right foot having the Ball. Gibbs I hope will now shoot at goal after scoring last game prior to that the guy felt so scared shooting at goal. So are you telling me a coach can't teach these skills during training drills. Its sad because all Manu players shoot better than Arsenal players as a whole.
                      Sagna has not come in to take one shot on goal all season.
                      Yes Sir, i am telling you Arteta does a better job as a screening midfield player than Alex Song so we don't really miss Song and if you expect Wenger to be teaching international footballers to shoot you off you rocker, tha is what we do with under 12's. I agree that this is not the best Arsenal team we have seen, however Diaby and Rosicky will improve our midfield and we just need to get Giroud fireing.

Comment

How can it be a surprise if the newspapers have it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                        X