Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    Good...now cull the best of the lot and place them in academies

......the synergy between schoolboy football and the national program.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

NO what, I think this is fools gold. I dont think the competition is what is important I would rather see lime sponsor a development program at the parish level...

Comment

Digicel Kickstart is suppose to be at parish level but too many of the parishes have no good federation to take it and run with it but at least we are getting to grassroot level.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I thin we the fans should see this and draw some relevancy from it. From a Technical POV Downsweell should understand that it is better if Lime and the jFF build parish federation to develop players between the ages 8-12 because that is where the technical learning takes place. Embracing a win at all competiton at 13 is backwards.. The only team that liverpool or everton cares about results for is the EPL team...The results does not matter at any other level but the process does.. Training, coaching, quality of surface, coaching education.. I would rather see the money go here than a competition with kids who cant pass or receive a ball properly. I still believe our manning and Dcup system is a hindrance to development.. so adding one more completion dont really help.

Comment

I don't care about the national all island winners. Just for the discipline of getting kids involved, preparing them for the game and a chance to compete.

I have a lot more faith in the schools than the schools at that level than the parish federations. Until federations of fix as you advocate, I would rather using the schools as they normally get the community involved. In most cases the schools cover most of the parish while the federation only normally cover one or two towns in each parish.

I read the comments from the Mandeville Digicel kick start program and you see how much interest some of these federations have.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think I had asked or commented on - What is this program really expected to achieve? ...and how it fits (into) a continuing development process?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                NO what, I think this is fools gold. I dont think the competition is what is important I would rather see lime sponsor a development program at the parish level...
                Agree OJ. The focus will be on winning and bragging rights and not on developing correct technique. It will be Dacosta and Manning at a younger age. I am not that encouraged. Sorry.

Comment

fair enough sass.. I agree.. the competition will force some training and organization.. no doubt.. but my fear is again because it is win /loose result focus.. you will see what i am seeing at the manning and dcup level which is kids afraid to play and playing for results.

Comment

I am looking from this point of view. At 12 my brother was a star cricketer for his school and the only way my mom would let him play for the community cricket team was when his teacher promise to take care of him(his teacher was also a cricketer). I see a lot of parents not letting their kids go to play for any clubs but school is a different matter. I remember in Cricket there was a West Portland League and East Portland and winners play each other, there was no national winner. We played teams from South East St.Mary for pre-season. Many clubs in Ja are in a sorry state.

Comment

it seems the objective is the competition and not the development of the game which is typical.

Comment

mmmm?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you seeit too..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                            it seems the objective is the competition and not the development of the game which is typical.
                            Develop egos at an early age, and can't even kick a ball to age group international standard. It is Jamaican man, what the hell.

Comment

Working...
                            X