RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This week I'd like to take you through what I think is the best XI footballers I have played with or against.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week I'd like to take you through what I think is the best XI footballers I have played with or against.

Kevin Nolan column

This week I'd like to take you through what I think is the best XI footballers I have played with or against. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It is not an easy task by any means and I'm not sure you will agree with all of my choices but here goes.

Goalkeeper - Jussi Jaaskelainen I make no secret of the fact that I think he is the best keeper in the Premiership, if not the world. He is a fantastic goalie and a wonderful professional - his attitude to training is different class and reflected in his performances. He probably wins us 15-20 points a season.

Right-back - Gary Neville A great leader and a great player - he is a winner. I have played against Gary numerous times. What he has done at Manchester United speaks volumes and he has matured into a wonderful skipper.

Central defender - John Terry After coming up against him you know you have been in a game. One of the things I like about him is that he does not care who he is playing against, he will put you 6ft up in the air, pick you up and tell you he will do it again as soon as possible.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=66 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Central defender - Jamie Carragher I watch Liverpool a lot and he rarely puts a foot wrong. He has been incredibly consistent over the last few seasons. I don't think I have seen him make a mistake in recent years. When you play against him you notice he never stops talking, always encouraging and organising his team-mates.

Left-back - Ricardo Gardner I am probably a bit biased here but I'm going for Ricky. He arrived at the club as a winger with yellow boots and lots of tricks - and though he is still good going forward he has been converted into a superb defender. He has shown great mental strength and character to overcome a series of injuries. A downside? He cannot score to save his life!

Right midfield - Cristiano Ronaldo He has raised the bar this season. He is a young player with incredible natural ability. What he has done is learn when to use his variety of tricks. He has become more of a team player and realised that sometimes he should use his pace and not his skills.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=66 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Centre midfield - Roy Keane Manchester United were a different side when he was in the team. Coming up against him was awesome. Everything he did seemed to come so easily to him. When you speak to fellow professionals about Keane they hold him in the most incredible regard. He was a pure winner.

Centre midfield - Steven Gerrard If there was one player that I could bring to Bolton it would be Stevie. I have seen him a few times off the field and he is a lovely lad - and clearly a fantastic player. Gerrard, of course, was accused of deliberately stamping on my ribs last season but I do not think he meant to hurt me and what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch.

Left midfield - Ryan Giggs It has to be Giggs.
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: This week I'd like to take you through what I think is the best XI footballers I have played with or against.

This is a madman.. him can have Bibi at Left Back ????

Put him in midfield.. goal scoring ability alone will justify it.

:P

Comment

RE: This week I'd like to take you through what I think is the best XI footballers I have played with or against.

I wonder what those who laughed at me when I said, Bibi was our best player during the last World Cup campaign and our "bsolutely best player", will say now?

...but, then what I consider good and those persons is totally different...mmmmm????
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>Sigh</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>How does this guy's biased selection prove that Bibi is better at left back for the Boyz or that he was our best player last WC campaign?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>sigh</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Easy Karl...please don't get too much ahead of yourself here. Nolan's opinion is just that, an opinion and it does not mean that it is gospel or that anyone was wrong about Bibi. While I have a lot of respect for Bibi and feel that he must be in our team, it is indeed clear that Nolan is very biased in his selection.

Comment

Sensi (4/6/2007)Easy Karl...please don't get too much ahead of yourself here. Nolan's opinion is just that, an opinion and it does not mean that it is gospel or that anyone was wrong about Bibi. While I have a lot of respect for Bibi and feel that he must be in our team, it is indeed clear that Nolan is very biased in his selection.
            We are all biased inour selections. Biased shaped by/based onour idea of what is 'good football'!

...and, bias gets me to appreciate all Bibi did for us in each match during the World Cup 2006 qualifiers.

..and, by the way Bibi was miles ahead of all the other players in our match against Panama. Simply...once again...our best player on the field.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X