Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManCity

Man City

WHAT DO THEY WANT? Roberto Mancini would like a replacement for Mario Balotelli and a defender.
    WHO MIGHT FIT THE BILL? Edinson Cavani or Falcao up front. Daniele de Rossi is a long-time target.
    WHAT HAVE THEY SPENT? Nothing.
    ANYTHING LEFT? City are trying to fall in line with UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations.
    CHANCES OF SUCCESS: Poor.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2JZxN52fT
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

WHEN I see some of the headlines coming out of Manchester City, I wonder how Roberto Mancini puts up with it all.

The fella has done everything that could have been asked of him and more during his three years in charge at the Etihad.

Yet it still doesn’t seem to be enough for some City fans who would have thought you were mad if you’d told them 10 years ago that their team would be Premier League champions.

We play City on Tuesday but hardly a week goes by without some story emerging how this or that manager is being lined up to take over from Mancini in the summer.

But the way I see it, he deserves a medal for the way he has coped with some of the egos he’s got in that dressing room. I don’t think I’d have the patience to put up with them.

If all that nonsense with Carlos Tevez wasn’t bad enough last season, he’s now got Mario Balotelli sitting on the bench most weeks with a face like thunder.

There’s nothing that winds me up more than having footballers moping about the place looking like they’re not enjoying themselves.
    Whenever I’ve had a player acting like that I’ve always looked to get them out of the club as quickly as possible.

But that’s easier said than done with Balotelli because City paid £22million to sign him from Inter Milan and he’s probably on a massive contract that he’s not just going to tear up.

I’m sure some clubs in Italy would take him back on the cheap but Mancini still seems to believe in him and I think he understands his mentality better than most. There’s no doubt Balotelli is talented, but he has a very long way to go before he can be considered world class.
    I once tried to sign him for Spurs before he went to City.

I spoke with his brother and had a meeting with his agent after he’d had a fall-out with Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.
    But we wanted him on loan and Inter weren’t interested.
    And that’s when I thought: ‘If Jose can’t handle him, what chance have I got?’

Maybe it was a lucky escape because I don’t think I’d have been able to handle the way he has behaved in England.
    Managing players today is so much more difficult than it was 25 years ago.

In those days they were just working-class kids happy to make a decent living playing football and getting a pay rise if they did well.
    Now they are all multi- millionaires with agents demanding contract negotiations and image rights deals every week. Because they are so rich, it is much more difficult to keep them in line.

To be fair, most players are as good as gold. It’s just a few who get carried away by it all who make the news.
    But when you sign as many world-class superstars as City have done, you have to put up with the egos. And Mancini deserves a lot of credit for the way he has done that.

They are a great squad and it looks like the race will go down to the wire again with Manchester United.
    Mind you, we will be doing our best to improve United’s title challenge by taking points off City on Tuesday.

Since our poor defeat by Liverpool, we’ve beaten Chelsea and drawn with Spurs and West Ham.
    If we can keep taking five points from every three games to the end of the season, that will take us to 40 points and give us a fighting chance of staying up

--Harry Redknapp

HL

Comment

Ghanian striker Godsway Donyoh joins City...

Comment

Manchester City sign Ghanaian striker Godsway Donyoh

Manchester City have signed Ghanaian striker Godsway Donyoh from the country's Right to Dream Academy.

The 18 year old has immediately been loaned out to Swedish Allsvenskan side Djurgarden for the rest of the year.

"Donyoh is a talented player who fits into our style of play and who we quickly took a liking to," Djurgarden manager Magnus Pehrsson said.
        "I am happy our relationship with City has resulted in a loan that will hopefully make our team better."

City have a reciprocal relationship with the seven-time Swedish champions that began last year when development director Patrick Vieira and scouting and recruitment operations manager Fergal Harkin visited the club.

The Right to Dream Academy gives underprivileged Ghanaian footballers the opportunity to participate in elite training programmes and international education, and undergo training in personal development and leadership philosophy.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          WHEN I see some of the headlines coming out of Manchester City, I wonder how Roberto Mancini puts up with it all.

Yet it still doesn’t seem to be enough for some City fans who would have thought you were mad if you’d told them 10 years ago that their team would be Premier League champions.

That's what happens when you buy a title and the club has no soul.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

...do i have to say it again?

Leave nuh man? (all up inna peeple bizniz..chu)

HL

Comment

Devils have souls? jes asking?
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X