Stoke outstoked by Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoke outstoked by Arsenal

long while I haven't seen arsenal so fired up, as whistle blow physical pressure
    especially from walcott, even when mistakes where made effort redoubled
    rare from the gunners

...and Walcott also ended up playing the sissy game. ...but have to admit he took a 'last lick' at Shawcross!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The team is a lot more solid defensively when Arteta is in midfield and Mertersacker at the heart of the defence. Vermaalen has been poor so far this season. Mertersacker is Arsenal most efficient centre back he might not be the quickest, however is positional play is excellent that is why this guy have played over 90 games for Germany and is still an integral part of their set-up.

Comment

My wagon team doing well... top four now!
        Peter R

Comment

Arteta and our defense?
          ...and goals against record with him in our team? ....and out of the team?

...Mertersacker?
          Reader of the game?
          The very best! ...and that is what papers over his other faults!

Faults:
          As header?
          Great when ball comes directly at his head!

1. **** poor at high or low balls that need heading - a) **** poor at jumping for balls or b) throwing self at balls! c) Often outmuscled!

2. Slooooooooooooooooow across ground!!!!

Just fortunate he is not being attacked often on his 'faultlines'
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Arteta and our defense?
            ...and goals against record with him in our team? ....and out of the team?

...Mertersacker?
            Reader of the game?
            The very best! ...and that is what papers over his other faults!

Faults:
            As header?
            Great when ball comes directly at his head!

1. **** poor at high or low balls that need heading - a) **** poor at jumping for balls or b) throwing self at balls! c) Often outmuscled!

2. Slooooooooooooooooow across ground!!!!

Just fortunate he is not being attacked often on his 'faultlines'
            We Arsenal fans can be a bit harsh on our team, however when you look at the big picture there aren't many teams better than Arsenal. They say Arsenal defense is no good, they say Arsenal need a defensive midfield player to replace Song without looking at the facts. How many teams have conceded less goals than Arsenal? The facts say Arsenal have the fourth best defence in the league.
            Man City 21 against, Chelsea 27 against, Swansea 28 against, Arsenal 29 against. So how comes these superior defence of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and the remainder haven't got much better figures than my Gunners? A lot of the pundits were predicting that Arsenal could not score goals without RVP, however the facts tell me we have scored more goals than we did at this stage last season, while i think RVP would have made us even better i just can't see why all the doom and gloom. How many teams have scored more goals than Arsenal this season? Only 2 teams. Man U 60 goals, Chelsea 51 goals, then my Gunners with 49. So all the man dem weh a jump ship and talking about Arsene Wenger has lost it as a manager they will end up eating humble pie again. Arsenal is in rude health, the new players have settled in now the confidence is coming back now watch the Gunners go!!

Comment

check the difference between with Vidic and Without Vidic and you tell me he is not the difference in Manu defense.

Believe it or not, the German has the basic down but he is just too slow, don't jump and can't bump a player or two.

Not to mention koshiny(sp)
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                check the difference between with Vidic and Without Vidic and you tell me he is not the difference in Manu defense.

Believe it or not, the German has the basic down but he is just too slow, don't jump and can't bump a player or two.

Not to mention koshiny(sp)
                Vidic is a top class defender no doubt about that, however if Man U are not defending as a team they will still concede goals with or without Vidic. Vermaalen has been Arsenal's worst Centre back this season yet he have been the best over the last two, so form have a lot to do with it. Sagna have not been at his best and Santos well.........

Comment

...but them we judge our GUNNERS - firstly against best GUNNERS team...then against BoyU, Chelsea...top teams. ...even against a team outside of the EPL - Barcelona!

Comment

Good chat, sah!
                    Santos? ...has been seen at the GUNNERS as doing only poor work!

Comment

You need a never die attitude defender and that is what Vidic brings to Manu. He is not the only good defender there but when you have a man giving his all on every play it tends to rub off on others and that is what Arsenal lacks. Yeah you may have good defenders and good system but you need that one extra toe sometimes, that hustler sometimes, that one man marker, that one man that can bounce someone off a ball and that one man who yell orders to the others and take ownership of the defense. That is what Arsenal lacks.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                      X