X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ.. Argument done !

Summaddy forward to McIntosh

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/compare/10509/4746

Unnuh cease di yapping and arrange the Inquiry....

is still a football conversation>>>> you think this is stocks and bonds.. i see why you confuse

Comment

Me confuse.. mi nevah vote fi him and rate him #1 of Players undah 24..

Mi nevah haffi si none of di Stats.. mi have mi owna 2 eye.. mi know who a star and mi now quality.. (look like is you under di influence of sumting mi nuh know what.. it is quite obvious to me that someting rotten innah di JFF when it come to Mattocks..

Dis a quality in front of goal.. yuh cyaan train dis.. yuh haffi born wid it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mmEPgEWQ8A

Comment

That last goal is special!
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Interesting site!
          Thanks, boss
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The Johnson argument?
            Poor Luton Shelton has never played at HEX level or higher at the World Cup.

Fuller?
            Lowe?
            Ryan Johnson?
            Deon Burton?

Matches played: Goals scored?
            ...any of these were/are TOP CLASS players?

...in any case, order based on goalscoring results?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

btw - Players have to get chances to score!
              How many chances in that match v Mexico did our REGGAE BOYZ have?

Specificic to Johnson: How many chances did he get?

Comment

The consensus is that the Reggaeboyz had the BEST chances of the game.

That is why you need players that are gifted in the 18 yard box.. yuh want mi to send yuh di Mattocks links again ?

Yuh tink dem man deh grow pon tree ??

Comment

madib.. on Ryan one v one with the GK he won the ball deep off pure hustle... and then ran 40 metres 1.V1 after doing that all night. You are looking at it that he missed... but you dont understand that mattocks,, fuller, shelton dont come back and win that ball and create that chance.. you are only looking at the final action not all the other work to get the ball....

Comment

Do you believe an MLS team would put Ryan Johnson over Darren Mattocks as the single striker in a 4-5-1 formation... Yes or No ?

The answer to that question will tell me everything I need to know regarding your thought process on this matter..

Comment

does darren start every game for vancouver? i saw TFC play vancouver and Ryan outplayed him if that what you are asking.. but that is not the real question.. cant they both be good players? when did DM have a good showing over 90 mins for the natl team.. Wait man he will get his chance..

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        btw - Players have to get chances to score!
                        How many chances in that match v Mexico did our REGGAE BOYZ have?

Specificic to Johnson: How many chances did he get?
                        Players have to get chances to score?. No Karl. Good forwards create scoring chances.

Comment

Mattocks is special. Did you see how high he jumped above the airborne goalkeeper to head the ball. I was impressed with that play when he did it some months ago. If you notice, he did not make a running start and then leap. He just seem to shoot up in the air and out jumped the GK who ran and then leaped for the ball.

Tappa need to find a way to include him in any squad he had as long as the player is not injured.

Anyone ever notice that Ryan Johnson seems as if he runs flat footed?

I think for the Mexico match, I am with Tappa for starting Johnson. Johnson's sie was expected to trouble the Mexicans and as you know, he gives his all when he is on the field. Mattocks need to start taking any opportunity he gets with both hands.
                          Attached Files
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                            Players have to get chances to score?. No Karl. Good forwards create scoring chances.

Players have to get chances to score! ...matters not who makes the chances - they have to get chances!

Ryan Johnson made his chance and then missed! ('memba dat!) ...also remember Ryan Johnson gave (assisted) on gilt-edged chance to another player (Theo Robinson?) in this same v Mexico match!!! ('Memba dat tuh!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wBeiiBhcOU
                            Last edited by Karl; February 8, 2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Karl, back to Ricketts. He made some very good saves in the match. At times making himself BIG to stop the Mexicans. I believe he is worthy of MOM award.

That said, his ball distribution needs to improve if we are going to make any headway in this competition. Let me put it this way, our position would be further enhanced if we had a GK who knows how to distribute the ball intelligently out of the back. Top class goalkeepers do not make the same big kicks over and over with no variation in how they start play or get the ball to our players. You and I have had this discussion many times in the past. I think Ricketts is a better shot stopper than Miller, but Miller show more composure and better use of his head (as in thinking) in other aspects of the game.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X