No announcement yet.

Poor attendance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are talking about a countrys' NATIONAL FOOTBALL FINAL Mosiah. Important enough that Fox Soccer Channel carried it A-live!!!!!!!!

"Stadium would have been different" you said. If i laugh i pappup!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I agree! More people should have been there!

Okay!

But, I dare say there were more people at Compound that at any...damn...what is the name of the national club cricket competition?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL I have to agree with you but there are other
        things that makes our league weak. I always wondered why Tivoli was so dominating in the NPL. On watching the semis I saw why; nutrition. Tivoli seems to have a better nutrition program that most clubs. Pleas note that all the teams have huge fitness problem (all four semi finalist) One of the foundations to our inability to qualify was described by MO ( the varied categories of clubs) Mo stted the cat 1 through 4 clubs (with definitions). Based on what mo said I think 95% of our clubs are cat 4 the best would be cat 3. Now the US, Mexico has more than one cat1 and Costa rica has Saprissa which is a cat 1 (that I know of, they may have more) It's now very easy to see who qualifies for the three slots. Prof.Simoes saw this and worked around it by turning the JFF in virtual club (thanks TK) this has not been repeated; hence our failure to qualify for more WCs. We have to seek to improve by paying attention to the very basic elements of the game (from U12). I think Prof. Simoes was the greatest thing ever happen to Ja's football. Can we beat Mexico now? Can we play back to back games and hold a well fit and rested Mexico for 110mins? We have destroyed what was given to us by Brasil. If we don't look seriously at ourselves and correct our flaws, WC will only be a faint memory.

Comment

45,000+ Fans enthralled by CONCACAF U-17 Qualification group

45,000+ Fans enthralled by CONCACAF U-17 Qualification group.

- More than 45,000 passionate and committed fans were on hand to witness the first of two CONCACAF Qualification groups for the FIFA U-17 World Cup in the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa.

This excellent turnout is a testament to the unprecedented levels of excitement, importance and popularity of Under-17 football in the CONCACAF region. Attendances grew with each of the three match dates and an amazing 27,080 animated fans packed the Estadio Tiburcio Carias Andino for the third and final day of group play where all four teams still had everything to play for.

Arguably the most dramatic storyline was the elimination of current World Champions Mexico. The victorious tricolor team of 2005 impressed the watching world with a string of fine performances including a 4:0 semi-final victory against the Netherlands and a 3:0 defeat of Brazil in the final.

The star players from that team, Carlos Vela and Giovanni Dos Santos, have both moved up an age group category but even without these promising young players the Mexican team went into the tournament as heavy favorites to qualify for their ninth Under-17 World Cup. Only the USA (with 11 appearances) has a better qualification record.

First-time qualifiers, Haiti, came into the tournament as outsiders. But, mirroring the efforts of their senior side, who won the Caribbean Cup this year for the first time in their history, there can be no doubt that Haitian football is on the rise and they will be a force to be reckoned with in the Korea Republic.

Joining Haiti are the catrachos who held on in the final group game to destroy Mexico’s dream of repeating their title and to bring delight to the committed fans in the packed stands and Hondurans everywhere.
          Photos by Moises Alvarado
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

CONCACAF President Jack Warner visits Honduras

CONCACAF President Jack Warner visits Honduras

- FIFA Vice-President & CONCACAF President Jack Warner visited Tegucigalpa, Honduras during the CONCACAF U-17 Final Round Group A last week.

Mr. Warner, who is also Chairman of the Organising Committee for the FIFA U-20 & U-17 World Cups, was among the 27,080 spectators at the Tiburcio Carias Andino Stadium that witnessed the qualification of Haiti & Honduras to the U-17 tournament for the very first time on Sunday.
            Prior to the final match day for Group A on Sunday, Mr. Warner attended a dinner on Saturday that included President of Honduras, Manuel Zelaya at the Plaza General Hotel in Teguicgalpa to honour Alfredo Hawit, CONCACAF Vice-President-Central American Zone. Before heading to the Tiburcio Carias Andino Stadium on Sunday, Mr. Warner was the guest of honour in a luncheon staged by Manuel Zelaya (President of Honduras) at the Casa Presidencial. This is Mr. Warner’s first visit to Honduras’ Presidential House since 1992, when Rafael Callejas (current President of Federacion Nacional Autonoma de Futbol de Honduras) was the nation’s President.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X