Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the Badge: Reserves win

Behind the Badge: Reserves win

The D.C. United reserves topped the United Soccer League's Harrisburg City Islanders 3-0 in a scrimmage Wednesday afternoon at the D.C. United Training Complex. Trialist Nicholas Addlery notched two goals and Fred added another in a game that saw the teams compete in two 40-minute halves.

United went up 1-0 in just the eighth minute when Kasali Yinka Casal collected the ball and weaved through the center of the park. The speedy midfielder fed Guy-Roland Kpene, who turned in the box and sent a cross through the six-yard box to the onrushing Addlery who had an easy finish from eight yards.

D.C. made it 2-0 in the 28th minute when Kpene threaded a pass behind the Harrisburg defense to Fred, who coolly slotted the ball past the Islanders' helpless goalkeeper.

United made a few changes in the second half and closed out the scoring 64th minute when Brad North sent a long ball across the field to Addlery, who found himself all alone moving towards goal. The forward calmly collected the ball and hit a bending shot with the outside of his right foot to the far post.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Hey Mosiah....Can you give me the 411 on this player? Thanks. - T.K.

Comment

I wasn't aware he was trying out at DC! I hope him get signed.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie neither was I till I read it in the post yesterday. Then come to find out that he had a nice brace in a scrimmage. I hope he gets signed too! I wonder how old he is? Getting a chance to play with a Jaime Moreno would be great.

I can't figure out why DC is going for another forward though. Our backline is so **************** poor that we can't stop anyone from scoring. We need to 1) Change our formation from a 3 back to a 4 back or 2) get some new defenders. We are in big trouble this season. - T.K.

Comment

TK, may I direct you to http://216.119.88.230/interviews.aspx?interviewid=19

Again, I wish him all the best. Anyone who can put up with the Trini league for 3 years, bless him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks Mo

for posting on Adderly. It is refreshing to see these youngster doing stuff outside of others sight. I remember I was calling for him a few years ago to the youth team and they included him at the last minute.

He was a great college player. Now if we could find out what happen to Adam Wallace and others fom this era. There was player called big Red and some other recent college grads. Are they even pursuing soccer careers?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X