"Should I start Shelton?" Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Should I start Shelton?" Warnock

Neil Warnock admits he is reluctant to put 'undue pressure' on Luton Shelton as Sheffield United battle to avoid relegation.

The Blades have slipped into the bottom three in the Premiership and goals have been scarce in recent weeks.

Shelton was a £1.85million signing from Helsingborg in January, but the Jamaican striker has just one substitute outing to his name since joining The Blades.

But he could start Saturday's crunch clash with West Ham United, with Rob Hulse injured, and Danny Webber and Christian Nade doubtful.

Warnock has no fears about Shelton's talent, but is wary about demanding too much from the forward.

"I don't want to start with Danny and if Christian isn't fit I might have to go with Luton," Warnock told The Daily Mail.

"I don't want to rush him and damage him.

"If you look at foreign players - even people like Didier Drogba in his first season at Chelsea - it can take them 12 months to adjust after coming to England.

"It's such a crucial game on Saturday and I don't want to put undue pressure on Luton.

"It's a difficult one, but I have no doubts about his ability."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Neil Warnock a joke! Give the yute a run, or perish!
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

"Should I stay in the Premiership?"

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Release da yute......cos da yute is strong.
        "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

well... this manager seems destined to lose his job... how could he have shelton in his squad and not use him... spoke with a friend in england who says from what he has heard luton is shown that he is more than capable in the premiership... the fans all want to see more of shelton...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
          X