X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jangle you joking right.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Assassin fully agree with you Demar is not in the same class with Taylor as a defensive player, he is a stop gap d player that helps with offense. Taylor is a legitimate fundamental defensive player who understands the game and on his good day can be a dominant player.
      Stoni: There are 2 questions.
      a) do we in this squad have anyone more suited than Taylor who is not being employed in another position? ...i.e. is Taylor our best option where he is being asked to fill?

If he is, he must play!

b) When considering our RBoyz playing at the 2014 World Cup where the pace of the game will be 'light years' faster - (and if the answer to "a" is, he is our best then this second is just an exercise in fulity) - even if at this lower level - i.e. The Hex Taylor is preferred to Demar...then at the higher level, faster paced game then it must be Demar (if by then we have not recruited a better player).

----

A lousy player can 'star' at 'the second form level'...but will find it impossible at the highest level. I am not saying Taylor is a lousy player...I am saying the faster Demar will perform mch better than he can at that left wing-back or midfielder level when the game's pace is above that 'holding' at the Hex!

*Let me throw -in another curve ball - Based on the Mexico v Jamaica match I have my doubts about Jobi McAnuff and Garath McCleary being of the right stuff. Waltzed around (not pacy enough) too much for my liking. Also it appeared to me that the forward Beckford's (the guy who missed from 3 yards out - Hope I used the right name: speaking of the guy that kicked into the Mex 'keeper's legs) showing was that of a lazy man.

Guess we shall have an answer as it may have been the rarefied air at altitude that sapped their energy. ...but on McAnuff and McCleary they have not shown the desired quality while playing in this season's EPL.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Only players having a mental lapse can be maked out of a game. It is in today's game...any game with half-way good players...impossible to prevent a player from getting as many chances/or being as effective as his TEAM wishes to afford him/her!
        Not sure if you have given much thought to what you just said. I attended a USSF coaching seminar some years ago and one of the thing they were focused on is the defensive game. Part of playing good defense is to consciously limit the team on the ball time and space. This is also done with players and we see it happen every day where some world class players get shut down during certain matches rendering them totally ineffective. Players like Messi, Rooney, Van Persie, Hazard, Christiano Ronaldo etc can be rendered ineffective with appropriate defensive tactics.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I name my side for all to see...

Mek wi si how long before dem listen..

Comment

No I am not. I watch football not some gladiator sports like you. Your idea of football is packing your team with defensive players, mine idea is different. We were playing at home and there was no need to approach the game this defensively. Dane Richards could have been employed down the right. Beckford was being starved of the ball.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
            X