Have not watched a 2nd time...but my initial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not watched a 2nd time...but my initial

impression is the match was there for the Reggae Boyz. The working of the ball to the final third particularly in the first 60 - 70 minutes was very, very impressive....and then grief!

The greatest grief was particularly from Shelton. (I think he benefitted most from early ball into the final third). The guy just did not know what to do with the ball once in the final third. It mattered not if he ran into the final third or he received the ball in the final third. ...also confirmed was he cannot shoot to save his life. Guess if he is in the final third so often he must score sometimes!

Let's review - We got the ball into the final third smoothly and swiftly...and then most often just gave it away. There was no effort at one-twos to split the defense...and on the few occasions when there was a shot for the taking most often no one wanted to shoot.

Panama on the other hand constantly tried at our goal. Some a waste but they tried. ...and their goal was beautifully worked. Swift passes and then a good left-foot drive pass a dispairing dive from Ricketts -pass his left hand into goal.

Ours?
    A well worked corner - Well taken by Demar Philips and beautifully attacked by Elliot! Panamanian 'keeper had no chance.

Finally - This has the makings of a very good TEAM...but that use of the ball in the final third and our shooting must be fixed. The ball has to be swiftly moved in that final third to prevent the opponents from 'setting up' and to create good looks at goal/scoring. Wonder if our players know...we cannot score if we d"o not shoot!

Funnily or sadly for us- Jermaine "Teddy Johnson came on and showed immediately what swift moving of the ball in that final third is all about. Pity he never had more time to show the way!

I think Ryan Johnson would have moved into goalscoring positions more often - Strange he always finds himself in great goalscoring positions - It is not strange the man knows what he is doing!!! - than some of our other players and HE WOULD HAVE HAD ATTEMPS ON GOAL! he was sorely missed!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X