I have to apologise to Shelton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to apologise to Shelton

To single him out is unfair, the tactical assingment was unfair to the whole team, from setup and no doubt instructions.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Shelton did not have a bad game.. considering the very limited scope he was placed..

Receive ball from Phillips on the sideline.. dribble down the field.. pass back to Phillips.. wow.. threatening stuff..

How many crosses did he get to make as a winger ?

Comment

I wonder what type of instructions Tappa gave the team before the game and again at half time? I remember when I was in high school and played basketball for my school, our coach was a Canadian (and a mathematics teacher). In one game we were playing, he called me, one of the rookies on the squad and was going to send me in as a sub. His instructions to be was "Tilla, I just want you to go out there ans show 'em suppen". Without knowing exactly what he was asking, I just went in and did my thing, much to his delight. He was screaming from the sideline "that is what I am talking about!".

That said, I would have loved to hear the pregame discussions with the team as well as what the coach saw was necessary tactical adjustments at the half to get the game back under control. Or maybe he only told his players to "go out and do your ting!"
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You played basketball, Tilla? If that's true, then I have a Champs medal!

Did your coach know the root of your nickname?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh see how yuh love start chubble ....short man
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes, I did. I always thought you had a champs hurdles medal. You know people who knew me from my high school days, you can aks dem?

I only used Tilla because I did not want to use my real name or name people here did not know.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I doubt if you had used your "last name" the coach would have known the root of your name... unless this was in Jamaica.

And thank goodness you didn't moon the crowd or anything like that... "show em suppen" ...hmmm WWTS (What would Tappa say)? "free up yuhself"; " du yu ting", "duss dem out"...? I wonder
              Peter R

Comment

true
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                  I wonder what type of instructions Tappa gave the team before the game and again at half time? I remember when I was in high school and played basketball for my school, our coach was a Canadian (and a mathematics teacher). In one game we were playing, he called me, one of the rookies on the squad and was going to send me in as a sub. His instructions to be was "Tilla, I just want you to go out there ans show 'em suppen". Without knowing exactly what he was asking, I just went in and did my thing, much to his delight. He was screaming from the sideline "that is what I am talking about!".

That said, I would have loved to hear the pregame discussions with the team as well as what the coach saw was necessary tactical adjustments at the half to get the game back under control. Or maybe he only told his players to "go out and do your ting!"
                  You played basketball?
                  ...well responding to what the coach said to you --- He coached you right? ...prepared you as player? ..."trained you"? ...right? ...right?

If so, he knew exactly who you were and the type player you were...he just wanted you to relax and be yourself (that which you already showed him you were!)...

You said you gave him that and he was naturally delighted! Nutten difficult bout dat!!! Sounds to me that he summed you up 'right' and you proved his judgement 'bang on' and his instructions 'top drawer'!!!!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X