Stoni-A rude awakening( talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoni-A rude awakening( talk

My son's U14 team had their first match today in Dallas.. 9 degrees celsius and 35kph winds , conditions none of them have experienced before... they lost 5-0 to a New Jersey team...one of the goals apparently was scored by the wind; goalie kick out the ball and the wind blew it back past him. As I said inexperience, but their learning curve is very steep, only two more matches to try to advance.

I wish them luck still. Hopefully they will rise to the occasion.

They are SKHY FC from T&T (Bracket G)

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...er=Boys&Age=14
    Peter R

Good to hear Peter, I have never been to a Dallas Cup before I heard much about it and saw you needed some help but Mr Marin gallantly jumped in. Yes it is very windy here this weekend, when are the other two matches. I will take a look at the schedule. I ran this morning and it was colder and more windy than I expected.

Comment

Can a goal be scored directly from a goal-kick?
      Please check that one!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

When I heard their result and of the conditions they played in your "survival of the fittest" post came to mind... anyhow Paul Marin didn't have to intervene as the stuff we ordered online for my son got here in time ... anyhow he was on standby as was another sibling (who used to post here years and years back)...

Bruce also linked me to a site that would have worked for us but they didn't have my son's size in the colour he needed... in the end he got what he needed. Some of the boys didn't have cold gear so I think there was some sharing of gear and visits to outlet stores with the manager and some of the attending parent

I told my son that he would feel the cold in his hands the most (that was my experience playing in November in Canada) and in those days we didn't wear "cold gear" ... maybe an extra t-shirt ... anyway it's a good experience for the youths regardless how the finish. I am sort of regretting I didn't go with them but that is water under the bridge.

On another note I looked at going to Costa Rica for the RBZ game but I think my better half would flip if I went there having passed on Dallas ...

Hoping the RBZ can tun it up inna CR... we have to get a positive result otherwise the mountain becomes steeper to climb.
        Peter R

Comment

Karl,

What I wrote is how I heard it; it could have happened differently but bottom line the wind had a significant impact on that goal. I will check it out out though.
          Peter R

Comment

OK!
            Good going with the TEAM. Wish them luck.

btw - I hear from reports that strange 'things' happen in these tournaments - refereeing decisions, rulings, etc.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Lets see today is the cr day, they will be coming with blood in dem eyes and saliva drooling from them chins trying to make up for Friday versus the USA.

How many games does your sons team have left to play at the Dallas.

Comment

Working...
              X