Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the match again - Reggae Boyz v Panama

I need to watch it again...but 2 things -
    a) I was in error on Panama's goal. Demar Philips never gave away the ball to start Panama's attack. ...and not Daley alone should share the blame for the error immediately before the goal - both Daley and Taylor.

b) After Tappa rang in the late changes our Reggae Boyz became a more purposeful attacking force.

Match Card:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...976/index.html
    Last edited by Karl; March 25, 2013, 03:53 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Karl go to bed, too much RBZ.

Comment

...bet you were also watching the match once more?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so them never slow and tired when Tappa made the changes?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The new fresh legs were certainly quick.
          The others on the field were slower than at the start of the game...it showed when they were not up with the support (could not make it...or just mentally tired and thus slow? Your pick!)

Comment

jah know you are one confused bredda .

First it was speed over ground, then ball speed, then now slow inna the brain. Which one is it Karl
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              jah know you are one confused bredda .

First it was speed over ground, then ball speed, then now slow inna the brain. Which one is it Karl
              If you claim I am confused, can I call you dumb without you losing it?
              OK...I will not.

I have spoken not of speed as only "speed over ground". I have clearly identified each type of speed - speed over ground, speed of foot/a la 'twinkle toes'/etc., speed of thought, , reaction time...) - as needed to get across what I mean. ...and that is fact!!!

I have even to task for doing that - see: for example, Tilla's recent derision of "speed over ground".

Finally - Once more, the TOP OF THE WORLD ideal player has all the goods, great technical skills, exceptional tactical awareness, great speed - reaction time, quickness of thought, quickness of feet, speed over ground!

It is not one or the other or missing of one of the attributes that one wishes in his TOP OF THE WORLD player.

That players are human and one will always have more of one of the attributes than another? That being more endowed in one area than another is always so...is fact...that is how we are created! ...therefore you make determination based on 'total player'/the real human v your ideal and your observations of TOP players.

Aside: ...similar thing one damn well do with ideal TEAM! ...your ideal with what in your experience holds out there.

Comment

I have no problem with you calling me what you want and you know that as long as it not totally disrepectful.

Anyway Karl anytime a player don't play good you associate it with some kind of speed. There is a lot more to been a top of the world player other than SPEED.

Comment

I have no problem with you calling me what you want and you know that as long as it not totally disrepectful.

Anyway Karl anytime a player don't play good you associate it with some kind of speed. There is a lot more to been a top of the world player other than SPEED.
                  I do not!
                  I speak of technical mistakes (most often lack of ability on passing or touch)...tactical mistakes (in the context of non-support mainly)...and speed usually pace across ground and speed of thought/problem solving ability - i.e. not doing the simple sensible thing/the logical thing/taking best option.

Comment

Still have to mention speen eeeehhh!!!!?

Comment

Still have to mention speed eeeehhh!!!!?

Comment

Still have to mention speed eeeehhh!!!!?
                        It is necessay, boss!
                        ...as you go further and further up in quality met it becomes ever more of an asset!

Comment

Post2: "Teddy" Johnson's 15 minutes of magic for Boyz

so them never slow and tired when Tappa made the changes?
                          'Teddy' Johnson's 15 minutes of magic for Boyz

Sunday, March 24, 2013

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica — The game was set up perfectly for his explosive pace, trickery and directness.

And in 15 minutes, including three of time added, he delivered, though no goals materialised. His introduction was a breath of fresh air and it forced the Panamanians to take stock. That's why he's the Jamaica Observer's star player for the 1-1 draw at the National Stadium on Friday night.

Jamaica’s Jermaine Johnson (left) gets away from Panama’s Marcos Sanchez during their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier at the National Stadium on Friday night. The game ended 1-1. (PHOTO: BRYAN CUMMINGS)

Jamaica had taken a 23rd minute lead through central midfielder Marvin Elliot, but lost central defender Nyron Nosworthy to a ruptured left Achilles tendon, and with him the team's discipline.

The Panamanians duly earned the equaliser in the 66th minute through Luis Henriquez, and threatened to steal all three points until the 32-year-old Sheffield Wednesday midfielder/winger joined the fray.

"I felt really well when I went on the pitch and I just tried to do my best for the team," he told the Observer shortly after the team arrived at its base here in San Jose yesterday.

He added: "We got a point, but we dropped two more, but we have eight matches remaining (in the World Cup Qualifying series) and we just have to keep focused and just go out there on Tuesday and get the points."

The last time Johnson, more popularly called 'Teddy', a native of Southside in the south St Andrew community, played against Panama, he scored a beauty to pull Jamaica level before Keammar Daley notched the winner late on for a 3-2 result.

He received a pass midway his own half, turned his marker expertly, then went on one of his mazy runs which saw him accelerate between two opponents before dribbling straight down the centre of the pitch, and with the defenders retreating, skilfully shot home from just inside the penalty area.

Friday night was almost a repeat, as on no fewer than three occasions he drove at the heart of the Central American team's defence, and though they employed various illegal means to stop him, the former Tivoli Gardens fleet-footed player was still good enough to create serious openings, which were ruined by over weighted final passes, teammates being in offside positions, and fouls.

"It's the coach's decision, but I got my chance and went out there and did my best, but I would love to get more minutes," he said.

Johnson, who signed with English club Bolton Wanderers from Tivoli Gardens in 2001 for an undisclosed fee, replaced Jobi McAnuff, and would have posed the most threatening in his quarter hour on the pitch, especially at a time when the visitors appeared to have had the upper hand.

"I'm a dribbler, so I'm just going to try to get in the game and go at them with my pace, with my dribbling," he had warned. But it seemed like coach Julio Dely Valdez and company hadn't heeded the warning. Luckily for them he ran out of time to really make them pay in the final score.

So for his huge impact to lift a fading Reggae Boyz team and give it teeth, Teddy Johnson gets the nod.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2Oa9GqgNy
                          Last edited by Karl; March 26, 2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

And that's why our football will never reach anywhere.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

why? not sure what you refer to? care to elaborate for those not in the know?
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X