• Show
Clear All

• My Side

Ricketts

Doyley Taylor Mappia Phillips

Elliot Austin

Hue

J. Johnson R.Johnson Mcanuff

We need Ryan to battle for everyball and playing away from home you need to boot out the ball more time. Ryan will fight the defense. You need some fresh legs, Ryan did not play, Johnson only got a litte time and Jobi was off early on saturday.

With Elliot and Austin sitting at home you don't need Hue to do too much defensive duty, He has free reign to do his thing.

Phillips get the start by default but he has to be told to stay at home more in this away fixture and bigger field as his weekness will show more if he has to run back too often. Just time the play before making any run and talk to his fellow players. Then I would bring Shelton, Mclearly, Robinson of Dane of the bench to kill them with some speed in the late part of the game.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

So you'd go to Costa Rica and play 4-3-3?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yep. It is or best bet if you ask me. You would ask JJ and Jobi to do a lot of running. Both can counter very well.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        So you'd go to Costa Rica and play 4-3-3?
        sheer madness !
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Ricketts

Doyley Taylor Mappia Phillips

Elliot Austin

Hue

J. Johnson R.Johnson Mcanuff

We need Ryan to battle for everyball and playing away from home you need to boot out the ball more time. Ryan will fight the defense. You need some fresh legs, Ryan did not play, Johnson only got a litte time and Jobi was off early on saturday.

With Elliot and Austin sitting at home you don't need Hue to do too much defensive duty, He has free reign to do his thing.

Phillips get the start by default but he has to be told to stay at home more in this away fixture and bigger field as his weekness will show more if he has to run back too often. Just time the play before making any run and talk to his fellow players. Then I would bring Shelton, Mclearly, Robinson of Dane of the bench to kill them with some speed in the late part of the game.
          Sass, you keep disappointing me boss with your constant unfair criticism of Demar Phillips. Me and you need fi have a good conversation regarding the benefits of having a player of the likes of Demar in the team

Comment

No you got that wrong. I love Demar in the team just not in defense. Put him at the left midfield, left wing position and free him up to go forward. Just don't like him running back all the time .

Comment

How so? We have 6 defensive players. How many more you want? Spring the counter attack on the wings with JJ and Jobi. Both can cover good grounds going forward. Ryan Johnson tackle for all headers and crosses. Hue to change the game.

We need to play to our strengths in that game because we going to have to counter a lot.

Comment

No you got that wrong. I love Demar in the team just not in defense. Put him at the left midfield, left wing position and free him up to go forward. Just don't like him running back all the time .
                It is funny how football men see the game differently, i am a coach who like to see my fullbacks pushing on and one of my 2 defensive midfield players filling that space that is left, that is a real lethal weapon that most of the top sides use in the modern game. Evra, Ashley Cole, Lahm, Alves, Alba just to name a few all these guys give their team an extra something in the attacking third. With Jamaica playing with Elliott and Austin in our midfield it shouldn't be a major problem!!

Comment

Watch most of our losses against the US and Mexico for example, they go behind the wide defense when the defender push forward and then cross it to the middle.

I was a defender and I love overlapping but the problem with most Jamaican wingback is they don't pick their moment when to and also call for cover so that leaves the wingback position vacant. Even Bibi have been guilty of this on occassions. For me defense first.

Too many instance of the wingback and midfielder are too forward at the same time, and in that case I have to blame the defender because he has to realise that his primary purpose is defending.

Comment

Watch most of our losses against the US and Mexico for example, they go behind the wide defense when the defender push forward and then cross it to the middle.

I was a defender and I love overlapping but the problem with most Jamaican wingback is they don't pick their moment when to and also call for cover so that leaves the wingback position vacant. Even Bibi have been guilty of this on occassions. For me defense first.

Too many instance of the wingback and midfielder are too forward at the same time, and in that case I have to blame the defender because he has to realise that his primary purpose is defending.
                    That is it sir, he needs to pick the right moment, Jamaica's inability to keep posession currently has a lot to do with JT playing at right back, he is a good defender but plays too deep. He is virtually standing on the toes of the 2 centre backs that is the reason why Jamaica was so inefective down the right, he was too detached from McCleary who was playing infront of him. Even though Hue is a good passer of the ball if he was in that team on Friday night is presence would not have made a big impact on the way Jamaica kept the ball because you can't pass the ball if you don't have it. Watch the game again and see how often our central midfielders actually had the ball, you would be surprised.

Comment

you maybe right on Hue on the game. The only thing is he as most offensive mid have a way of holding up the ball a little to get others in the play so if he went back he coulda slow it down a little. I don't believe Hue have to be a fixture but when he is on, he is so if he is doing good he stays, if not then go early. The advantage Hue have over everybody elso on the field is he will make that 20-30 yards pass better than anybody else on the field consistently when he is on. Something that can change games.

you are right on JT playing deep at the right back but if that is the case a player like JJ would help him as JJ can come fairly deep, pick it up and lead the break away.

Comment

you maybe right on Hue on the game. The only thing is he as most offensive mid have a way of holding up the ball a little to get others in the play so if he went back he coulda slow it down a little. I don't believe Hue have to be a fixture but when he is on, he is so if he is doing good he stays, if not then go early. The advantage Hue have over everybody elso on the field is he will make that 20-30 yards pass better than anybody else on the field consistently when he is on. Something that can change games.

you are right on JT playing deep at the right back but if that is the case a player like JJ would help him as JJ can come fairly deep, pick it up and lead the break away.
                        Hue would be in my team everyday of the week because i am an advocate of playing 3 central midfield players, unfortunately Tappa doesn't see it that way
                        which is disappointing. I will also tell you now that Tappa doesn't rate Doyley and he won't be playing at right back anytime soon.

Comment

"I will also tell you now that Tappa doesn't rate Doyley and he won't be playing at right back anytime soon".

you maybe right, if he doesn't play Tuesday then I will go with that too. In our system I believe in the 3 mid and the two wide players. Give the players like Shelton and JJ, Dane etc. who are fast but may not have the best touch or abililty to play one-two through defense a chance to use up the space wide.

Comment

A lot of people look at 4-3-3 as just an attacking system, however when you haven't got the ball it could easily become a 4-5-1 with your 2 wide strikers dropping back to make it a compact 5 in midfield.It is a system i believe in.

Comment

yep, system I believe in especially when you have speedy wingers who can get the ball out. System I used back in my days and still luv it. You ask the wingers to drop back, then spring them on the break with space to play in.

Comment

Working...
                              X