No announcement yet.

Mattocks Scores Again For Whitecaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think Jamaicans were impressed with Doyley accent?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Reo-Coker was always over-rated and has always been a disruptive force in any team. These Yanks, like us Jamaicans, have always been impressed with the English accents and think ordinary English players are better than they actually are.
      Yanks? He was signed by a Canadian team.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Ah, yes! Stutter and all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Damn, thutter and all.

Comment

not nithe!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              No, meaning he was very poor in the game prior to scoring the goal at the end of the game.

Also, he was uncharacteristically poor in front of goal prior to getting benched and in his substitute appearances, but that may be largely due to the silly coach and Reo coker messing with his head.
              If I'm to be honest he's been poor all season for the most part. I know players coming out of college tend to suffer in the 2nd season because now that teams know who they are they plan for them. It takes a bit to adjust to and relearn that you have to combine with your teammates to create opportunities for yourself. In the first season you're a bit of a surprise and tend to get away with doing a lot on your own. Second season because teams have studied your tendencies you need to bring that next level to your game. I have faith Mattocks can do it. He just has to struggle through this period. He'll be ok.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

good points sir. Plus Mattocks coach nuh ramp. Same thing he did last year, you play two games and don't score he has some other forwards that he will put in the game. He is not sticking with any one forward regardless of name.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Stupid.. he needs to decide who his best 11 is and play them..

Chemistry required consistency of play with teamates..

Comment

Define poor..

If di eediat coach nuh know by now what kinda of football him want to play and which are the players best equipped to provide the best chance to win.. well.. him need to resign.

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      Define poor..

If di eediat coach nuh know by now what kinda of football him want to play and which are the players best equipped to provide the best chance to win.. well.. him need to resign.

I can't speak on the coach. I look at a team like Montreal who rotates their squad every match and they seem to be doing fine. It doesn't work for every group though so whether it's good for Vancouver or not I can't say but if they continue with the poor run of results I'd say the proof is in the pudding yeah.

The two areas that really stand out for me for Mattocks this season is inability to combine with teammates making him very predictable to opposing defenses and his defensive work rate.

Again I don't think this a Mattocks specific thing because I've seen it with college players time and again. I just think it's a natural learning curve. You come in year one and no one really knows how you play so you have a good rookie season. Your sophomore year teams pay more attention to you and your tendencies creating game plans to deal with your special qualities. It takes time to adjust and realize that you can't do everything on your own. In Mattocks case he has to realize that he's not going to always run past a defender into space and receive a through ball. He needs to be able to play with his teammates more which will in turn create more opportunities for himself. It'll take some time. I bet the 2nd half of this season is much better for him than the first. By next season I think he'll have fully adjusted. Right now though he really looks like a one trick pony.

As for the defensive work rate in MLS it's really hard to get away with being lazy out of possession. It's only South American #10s and Blanco who get away with that stuff in this league. Everybody else better earn their bread.
                      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

True, but Damani Ralph did not suffer this sophomore meltdown.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Which network carries the MLS games? I know that Fox Sports carries a few, but I always seem to miss them. I have no idea of the airing schedules or which network. Now that the BPL is drawing to a close, I need to suppliment my viewings.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You have to consider also Vancouver had a lot of new offensive players coming in on the off season. Mattocks scored a hatrick early in the pre-season and seems like the coach never give him too much games after that.

Let see how the team settle. You can check the amount of trade since last year and now.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It is only a few games and Damni had a constant squad with Ante Razov as his striking partner for most of the time he was there.

It is just a few games in the season and if Mattocks score two more goal then not much more will be said.

Comment

Working...
                              X