Christian Benteke issues 'come get me' plea to Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Benteke issues 'come get me' plea to Arsenal

Striker Christian Benteke has told Aston Villa he 'won't necessarily accept' it if they tell him he cannot leave the club.

The 22-year-old Belgium international scored 19 Premier League goals this season and has been linked to with a move away from Villa Park, with Arsenal among the clubs mentioned as a possible destination.

Quoted by The Sun, Benteke said: "If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career. I try to get everything."

He added: "Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/ch...s4210133.shtml
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Lambert tells Benteke he needs a 'reality check'...

Lambert tells Benteke he needs a 'reality check' after Villa star admits he'd love chance to join Arsenal

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has warned Christian Benteke he faces a 'reality check' after the striker revealed he would consider a move to Arsenal.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Benteke needs sto stay at Villa for at least one more year and develop his game and repay the coach for having such faith in him.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Has a lot to learn...but it would be good if added to GUNNERS player list!
        He would have to work himself in the squad...as he is far from the finished article.

Remember at Villa as long as fit he played?
        ...and on coming in at the GUNNERS he may not enjoy that playing time 'right off the bat'.

Comment

Benteke needs to learn to behave himself, he is under contract for another 3 years, that is not the way to go about things.

Comment

is he a naturalised Belgian out of Africa?
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Little Ade, will sell out for a dime. I don't want him round here!

Comment

backtracking!!!!

Christian Benteke upset at newspaper reports about Aston Villa future

Last Updated: May 24, 2013 2:09pm
                • Share:
                Christian Benteke: Villa striker 'disgusted' at being misquoted

Sky Bet
                Christian Benteke's agent has moved to distance the Aston Villa striker from comments suggesting he would try to force a move away from the club.

A report in The Sun on Friday linked the Belgian to just about all of the Premier League's leading clubs, and suggested that he would do everything he could to get away from Villa Park.

But his agent Eris Kismet told Sky Sports that the report was inaccurate and that Benteke was not looking to get in to some kind of war with the club.
                Kismet said: "Christian and I are surprised and disgusted by a story in the Sun newspaper claiming Benteke can do what he wants.

"He has been misquoted.
                "The true line is that Christian does not want to make a war with Aston Villa.

"The true line is that Christian does not want to make a war with Aston Villa. He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on."

Christian Benteke's agent

"He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on."

"If there is interest, which is normal after the season he has had, no way will problems be made by Christian and myself. That is what he said in the interview!"

Misquoted

Benteke had been quoted as saying: "If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career. I try to get everything.

"Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

Villa manager Paul Lambert was unhappy with the initial story and suggested Benteke concentrate on following up his fine first season at the club with another consistent campaign.

"I don't really 100 per cent know what's happened but he's got three years here at Aston Villa and the club have always come first," said Lambert before the denial from Benteke's agent.

"He's had one of those seasons where he's never really been injured and he's never been suspended except the last day.

"It's a unique thing, and he's got to remember that he's only 22 years of age. He's got so much to learn.

"He's only a kid starting out and he's going to have ups and downs like everybody else. Once he starts to play 400 or 500 games you might think, 'yeah, he's a good player'.

"I think sometimes we've got to have a reality check here. This lad's only been in Britain for 10 months. He's got the status at Aston Villa and everybody loves him."
                Last edited by Karl; May 24, 2013, 11:50 AM.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't know if you guys knew this, but it was the same foolishness he went on with when he was at Genk. He went on strike to force his move to Villa.

Comment

Lambert will sit him, make him gwaan talk. Him nuh see how Bent rub the bench and get released???

Comment

Do not talk to the media! Really?

The usual sweet talk. ...and that is as it should be.
                      It is already out there that the player will move if the price is right.

...as to speaking to the media that is just about being careful on what is said from here on forward. ...and that is as it should be.

Comment

he should learn from the ba.. the big coach dont want player who call up him team name before him inqure... Stay weh you deh ya man... mattocks to arsenal unno nuh see him dun spurs!!!!

Comment

but them say him offa form, a drop offa di bench a Vancover. Only 2 goals in 10 games.

Comment

sass you memba how mattocks run out every ball when he was at akron? well at times he cuts his run and it looks like cockiness. But when he is on he is a handfull. he just needs to loose a bit of the cockiness....

Comment

yeah. I don't know about the Vancouver coach because he keeps on rotating forwards even when them scoring and in form. If you check the amount of forwards he bought and sold over the last year and rotate, it is a lot.

bought the french striker from Philly, Sell him back, got one from A league team he used to coach, Mattocks, Lee, Kenny Miller, he had Salgado, and Camilo who was there leading scorer the year before. He turned around and sold Lee, the two french strikers and now Camilo who is buried getting some game and another new youth. Mattocks would do well in Seatle with a coach like Ziggy Smith or his former coach in Portland (Caleb Porter).

If I was a young player who had a choice to play in the MLS, I wouldn't sign with any of the Canadian teams. They are not really good for developing young players as they want to win now and easy to call in some old England players.

Comment

Working...
                              X