RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunny: This guy claims Arsene is a coward???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunny: This guy claims Arsene is a coward???

Share6 Tweet13

Robson: Arsenal must win trophies or sack Wenger

ESPN staff
    May 24, 2013 « Arsenal face competition from Atletico for Benteke

Arsene Wenger has been criticised by Arsenal fans for not spending big © Getty Images

Stewart Robson believes Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger should be dismissed next season if the club fail to end their eight-year run without a trophy at The Emirates.

Wenger guided Arsenal into qualification for the Champions League for the 16th consecutive season last Sunday when the Gunners fended off the challenge of bitter North London rivals Tottenham for fourth spot.
    However, Arsenal have endured an eighth straight campaign without silverware, and the manager has come in for criticism by Gunners fans for refusing to spend large amounts of money on players.

Former Arsenal footballer Robson feels the 17-year reign of Wenger could come to an end if Arsenal do not land a trophy next season. "If you're an average club then you need continuity because you can't keep getting rid of players when a new manager comes in," Robson told talkSPORT.

"I know we've seen Sir Alex Ferguson stay at Man United for a long time and get that continuity and be successful, but look at other big clubs, look at Chelsea. They have sacked their manager many, many times and are still successful and Man City have won trophies in recent years.

"Arsenal have kept their manager and kept continuity, but continuity of being just above average at the moment. That can't be right. So at some point Arsene Wenger has got to change or the club have got to change Arsene Wenger and this has to be the season."

Robson added he feels Wenger is afraid of splashing the cash because the Frenchman will be blamed if the club do not succeed.

"If Arsene Wenger goes out and spends big money, say he buys three big players, he is then culpable when they don't succeed," he said. "All the time that he is selling players and not spending big, when they come fourth, everyone says 'Arsenal are doing okay because they are not spending what the other clubs spend'.

"As soon as he spends big money Arsenal fans and everyone in the media will expect them to compete for the Premier League and the Champions League. If he doesn't do that then he puts himself under pressure and that's why he doesn't spend. There's been money there for years."

Arsenal have not won the Premier League since the 'Invincibles' side of 2004 triumphed after going the entire season unbeaten, and Robson insists a title challenge can be ignited if Wenger invests.
    "They've got a chance [to win the Premier League] but they've got to spend some money wisely. Arsenal have got to make sure that Arsene Wenger, in my view, coaches the players better and gets a better understanding of what it takes to win the title," he said.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...M6UkeFSq8dk.99
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Karl, Stewart Robson claim a lot of things he is always bleating on about this and that, he is totally anti-Arsene. He is a little bit bitter since he was kicked out of his job at Arsenal TV.

Comment

I said that loooooong time , Wenger is a coward, he barely made it into the top 4 , barely ...He has the money and refuses to spend it on quality.

Whats his rationale when you have reached the point of barely making the CL , what happens when you dont , and it will happen.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Chelsea also bearly made it. One game lost down the stretch and they would have been out.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lol..Barely...Chelsea jumped 3 places up from last year. Won a Europa Cup and could afford to loose their last game to be in the top 4.They would have beaten spurs on goal difference.

Fact !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Not worried, Dunny.
            I feel it in my bones that next season we shall be far better than this just concluded.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
              lol..Barely...Chelsea jumped 3 places up from last year. Won a Europa Cup and could afford to loose their last game to be in the top 4.They would have beaten spurs on goal difference.

Fact !
              Behave yourself X, Chelsea finished 2 points ahead of Arsenal, winning the Europa League is a joke. They were only in the Europa league because they failed to get into the knock out stages of the Champions League, reward for failure if you ask me.

Comment

They bearly qualified. Chelsea qualified by 2 points ahead of Arsenal and you talking about bearly. Had Chelsea lost on the final day they would have finished below Arsenal and maybe Spurs.

If that ain't bearly then what is it. I didn't know that Europa league have anything to do with qualify for Champions league all I know is you can lose the Champions league in the group stage and get placed in Europa which is what certain teams did. LOL.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Whose fault was not advancing in the CL league ? didnt Rafa win his CL game after your boy D- Matteo 8 games spiral came to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Not worried, Dunny.
                    I feel it in my bones that next season we shall be far better than this just concluded.
                    Yep, the foundation is built now i think it is time to kick on. I think Arsene has gone about it the correct way. Just need 2 or 3 good signings over the summer and we will be challenging next season.

Comment

just posted almost the same thing.

Comment

Read again, then talk to me about spurs (maybe)...unnuh bitta sah !

Comment

He certainly has it in for The Boss!

Comment

I think this has been our downfall the last 2 seasons - Poor starts

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...o-to-challenge

Comment

Working...
                            X