Rafa the new Napoli manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafa the new Napoli manager

Now go and prove the doubters in Italy wrong.

Italian job: Napoli name Rafa Benitez as new manager.. before his final game with Chelsea

24 May 2013 22:30
    '“I’ve given myself a gift for my 64th birthday. Benitez will be the next Napoli coach' says owner Aurelio De Laurentiis

Get me outta here: Benitez will be handed a two-year contractMichael Regan/Getty

Rafa Benitez was last night named new Napoli boss – before his final game in charge of Chelsea.
    Benitez will join the Serie A runners-up on a two-year deal next week, according to the Italian club’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis.
    Benitez signs off as Blues manager tomorrow with a friendly against Manchester City in New York’s Giants Stadium.
    De Laurentiis said: “I’ve given myself a gift for my 64th birthday. Benitez will be the next Napoli coach.
    “I’ll make it official in the next few days as Benitez needs to end things with Chelsea. He’ll have a two-year contract, no longer.

Get Nandos: Napoli want Chelsea striker to come with BenitezMichael Regan - FIFA

“We need to get to know each other first, then we’ll see.”
    Benitez replaces Walter Mazzarri, who is leaving to take over at Inter Milan.
    It will be the former Liverpool manager’s second spell in Italy after an unhappy time as Jose ­Mourinho’s successor at Inter in 2010.
    The first issue for Benitez is finding a replacement for Edinson Cavani. He is likely to go to either Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain, although Chelsea are also interested in the £50million-rated Uruguay striker.
    Napoli want Benitez to take Fernando Torres with him, making a swap deal possible, but the Blues are reluctant to sell.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...#ixzz2UIKjo0E9
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Good team for Rafa. He will just have to stop talking about wanting better players and make a better team.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

jump on the wagon Sass you want to.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That clubs suits him as long as they don't go selling off their best players.

Comment

I believe the liverpool and inter experience taught him alot , if a club isnt going to back you in the transfer market without a sell to buy policy ..walk...no runnnnn, those are for clubs/managers with a midtable mindset , furthermore if you do decide to take up a club with that policy , you have to be in charge of who to sell and buy , in other words total control.

Napoli will thrive under the master.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

what wagon??? As mi say Rafa a good coach but he has to understand teams don't have money to be in the marketplace every week, and he can't continue to whine about getting players. That is why I like coaches like Fergie, Wenger, Big Sam, Moyes and other. They work with the management team and try building their teams. When Rafa do that instead of whining then my spport is concrete.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Fergie and Wenger affi whine..Sam and Moyes..bitch..like...get real dude...cc.below....now u like him....welcome aboard...fraud.

Comment

Show me where Sam and Moyes bitch. Wenger and Fergie could have bitch but they state publicly that they support the owners and are not in the mraket for high priced player every week.

Comment

Stay tuned for next season.

Comment

Working...
                  X