• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Burrell lauds Klass

Captain Burrell lauds Klass
    published: Monday | April 23, 2007

Burrell
    Former Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president, Captain Horace Burrell, has lauded fellow Caribbean Football Federation (CFU) vice-president, Colin Klass, for retaining his post as president of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF).
    Klass was returned unopposed to the GFF's top position on Saturday for another four-year term, which extended his total stay as that country's football association president for a monumental 20 years - a landmark for any regional body.
    In his message, Captain Burrell said: "Heartiest congratulations. When an individual works hard and accomplishes a lot for the development of football in his country he should be rewarded the honour of being re-elected unopposed at election time.
    "Please convey congratulations to your new board and the general membership of the GFF," added Captain Burrell, who is also the CFU's first vice-president. Trinidadian Austin 'Jack' Warner, a FIFA vice-president, is the president of the CFU and CONCACAF. Klass is the CFU's second vice-president.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I guess Burrel is saying "Watch mi now!"
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think it was out-of-place for Burrell to send congratulations. In what official capacity is he sending congrats to a CFU affiliate? If this isn't undermining, I don't know what is!

Note the message too, about re-electing someone unopposed if that person did something good for football. That's all baloney! If someone else has a better plan, then he should be given a chance to run against an incumbent. That's what democracy is all about. Who determines what is "enough good" for the incumbent to be returned unopposed?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah you need to stop:

All you are spewing is personal grudge and hate for the GOOD Cap'n Burrell. This man can do nothin' right as far as you are concerned. Just look who you (an intelligent individual) have aligned yourself...clueless Boxhill!!

It's Jamaica wer'e talking about. Jamaica is not a place overflowing with excellent administrative, management and executive talent. So if a person is doing an outstanding job--he should be allowed to continue.

(NOTE: This does not include political leaders. It appears that >75% of them should be ousted immediately...if not before).
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

If a person is doing a good job, then that person should not be afraid to put up his achievements against the plans/achievements of another person. This nonsense about "re-elect unopposed" as a rule is the first step towards an autocracy.

And I have not aligned myself to anyone. How many times must I say it!!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess then, from the fact that no one challenges the incumbent, it's a reasonable statement for the GOOD Cap'n to make.

I hope you are doing well.

HL

Comment

I'm good! Hope you and family are doing great!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Heh heh. still haveing nightmares of Burrell returning to office in November? On one hand you claim that Boxhill is a jackass...but on the other hand your deep-rooted feelings agaianst the "better" man for the job prevents you from even sleeping at nights. I guess the words "go jump in the sea" still haunts you to this day.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

I guess I don't like them both. What's wrong with that?!?! One may be better than the other but both are undesirable!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No hitting below the belt Reggae-Fanatic! Or was that border-line hook to the solar plexus?

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      I guess I don't like them both. What's wrong with that?!?! One may be better than the other but both are undesirable!
                      It took you long to come to the realisation that boxhill and Cronies are clueless. anyway, beter late than never.

so according to you, both boxhill and Burrell are undesireables...but when you lay the facts out on the table...3 world cup qualifications, a good dose of international friendly games, countless awards fropm FIFA, achieving our highest world ranking ever, and overall sustained period of achievements under the captains belt compared to nothing of real note under the Cluless one...Its still hard to understand why you still cant "show some love" for the captain.

Maybe its because I was never told to go "Jump in the sea" by anyone

Honestly Mosiah, dont you miss the days when Jamaica played games every sunday aftrenoon in the office. Remeber that Nigera game? Or th ebulgaria game? Ok, what baout that Santos game where Bibi scored that scorcher. Or I bet you will remeber the 6-0 mauling we put on the T&T team in the office that sunday evening. Aaaah. The good 'ol days.

not to worry, boxhill and his clueless crew have only about 6 months left in office!
                      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Yes! And all that success went to his head, he started being super arrogant while sitting on his ass. Again, what happened after 1998?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Grin and bear it Mo a part a life. Success is not a easy thing .

Burrell has made his share of mistakes and many of us just want to see something constant and not just promise which is what we get from Boxhill. He promised to upgrade coaches nationwide, to have one game a month, to have regular training, finish first phase of academy a while ago, To bring in youth movement, and make the reggae boyz better financially and on the field.

He has not delivered one of those yet, plus his usual management blunders.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Yes! And all that success went to his head, he started being super arrogant while sitting on his ass. Again, what happened after 1998?
                            So you are akcnowledging that the man no doubt knows how to get the job done....what in fact you take issue with is the man's arrogance? OK, so nothing happened in Jamaica's football post France-98...well, thats what you claim anyhow. From my recollection, we qualified two teams to world cups at the youth level post France-98, finished 4th in the Hex one year (2002), and finished joint third in the gold cup post France-98 under Burrell.

In the grand scheme of things...i'll take an arrogant Horace Burrell, the man with the proven track record, over the very docile, under-achieving Crentson Boxhill.

Mosiah, I believe you and many others have your priorities all wrong.

You rarely find a good leader anywhere in teh world today who doesnt display some level of arrogance!

Comment

If arrogance was his only problem then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The fact that we qualified for another hex under Burrell is neither here nor there. It is widely accepted that the 2006 team was a hell of a lot better than the 2002 one.

The fact is, as much as it pains you to admit, Burrell sat on his laurels after 1998 and the program, to some extent was on autopilot. Well, autopilot won't run forever!

So, yes, who can doubt that Burrell knows what to do? That was never the issue. But he didn't deserve to continue on the job simply because he knew what to do. Soes he deserve to take back the reins because he still knows what to do? Hell no! But many of us are thinking that, having been out in the wilderness he will again putting that knowledge to good use for our football.

Let's hope he does!

And don't flash off arrogance so-suh-suh. It's my view that a lot more could have been accomplished were it not for his arrogance. Jamaica's football is fickle and will remain so for a while. It makes no sense making enemies unnecessarily. We all need to work together, for a long time, for it to work.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X