US vs Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US vs Belgium

Watch on ESPN at 8PM EST tonight. Should be a good game and I am hoping that Hazard should have recovered from his hamstring injury. Since we cannog play Tappa and his coaching team should use this as an opportunity to scout the US side to see what we will be up against.

On Friday, it will be Mexico vs Nigeria. Not sure about the game's availability on TV as yet.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I watched.

2 things: The USA X1 is a collection...not a TEAM. The players believe they are better players than they are...and as a result do not play the simple game. They dwell on the ball and at other times try the more difficult of available options.

Result: Giving away of the ball very, very often and find it difficult to minimize opponents' number of attacks and to create enough attacks for self.

Aside: I hope we are not going to play in a manner that makes the USA team appear to be 'good'. ...because it is not.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X