What a turn of events, Gareth Bale turned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a turn of events, Gareth Bale turned

down a chance to play for Manchester United and went to Spurs. Ashley Young turned down a chance to go to Liverpool and joined Manchester United. What is the result?

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Q. What was the result?

I know the answer! I know! :wave_hand_in_air: Ashley Young get him foot bruck! LOL!!!
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Paul, shhh, don want Lazie to hear... but yuh don feel Lazie should see a shrink?? if it was up to him ManU wouda play ManU week in week out... WTF? and every footballer would move to Hole Trafford where they would scrimmage forever into perpetuity.... LOL
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Paul, shhh, don want Lazie to hear... but yuh don feel Lazie should see a shrink?? if it was up to him ManU wouda play ManU week in week out... WTF? and every footballer would move to Hole Trafford where they would scrimmage forever into perpetuity.... LOL
        but PR .... if MU play MU every week, when would we get a chance to STOMP pon Liverpool?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          but PR .... if MU play MU every week, when would we get a chance to STOMP pon Liverpool?
          When since unu ever stomp pon Liverpool? KMT. Yu mussi tink sey wi name Arsenal. LOL!!!
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

That's not nice. Don't worry Dunny, you'll get your revenge on Paul Marin
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              When since unu ever stomp pon Liverpool? KMT. Yu mussi tink sey wi name Arsenal. LOL!!!
              Now that's not nice Paul, wasn't call for was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                Now that's not nice Paul, wasn't call for was it?
                Dunny, don't start me on "not being nice". I have been supportive of Wenger's approach to running his club (nuff on this board to show that) and if Liverpool were to blow up, I would probably sew some white sleeves on my red's shirt, and put two gun barrel pon me chest over the bird, but this past 24 months were an unmitigated disaster out of your club. First, unu lose 8-2 to the scum and then turn around and sell the best striker in the Prem to them for the following season. WTF!? Could you see Slurgie selling Rooney to City after the 6-1 loss? Not a fork. I blame your team more than any other for the 20th title by the unmentionables. A close runner up is City after their p*ss-poor title defense. Shameful. Shameful. Shaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeeeeefullllllll and worse, they who deserve a right rollicking for not hiring Rafa for next season. Pelligrini not gonna last 2 seasons...no way. Okay, who else me can p*ss off? Oh...and as for Chelsea, their fans deserve the "arseoles of the year" award for their treatment of Rafa especially since the man bring them silver. Worst fans in the world, it being understood that the worst of everything in the world is the Manu** organization, administration, fan base, suppliers, sponsors, employees, ex-players, current players, wives, girlfriends, (boyfriends*), pets, cars, toys, property, homes and even the ground dem walk on ...but Chelski fans really scrape the bottom of the barrel wid the way dem gwaan wid Rafa. Terrible. That don't mean that Arsenal don't deserve a busshead

Comment

Wow...a lot of repressed anger in one likkle post....let me help you a bit:

Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon reaches for the stars with CAA

By Sportsmail Reporter UPDATED: 05:46 EST, 10 November 2009 0
                  View
                  comments

New role: Kenyon

Former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon has joined the sports division of talent management company Creative Artists Agency.

CAA represent a number of leading personalities in both sport and entertainment with particular strength in the United States, where clients include Hollywood stars George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

Kenyon, who stood down as Chelsea chief executive last month but remains a non-executive director at Stamford Bridge, will lead attempts to expand their sporting client base internationally.

Through a partner agency, CAA already represent former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho - who worked under Kenyon - and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Kenyon said: 'I have worked with CAA Sports over the past two years with Chelsea and have learned a lot from their approach and their team culture, which enables them to work effectively across a wide and exciting range of clients, both individuals and companies.

'In a short period of time and in an increasingly competitive environment, CAA Sports has established itself as a leader in US sports and I look forward to helping grow its international presence and creating new opportunities for the agency and its clients overseas.'
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

............and this:

Former Man United director Dyke appointed FA chairman to join Gill in power at the top of English football

By Charles Sale
                    PUBLISHED: 06:30 EST, 21 March 2013 | UPDATED: 11:29 EST, 21 March 2013 110
                    View
                    comments

Former Manchester United director and TV mogul Greg Dyke has been voted through as the next FA chairman, replacing the outgoing incumbent David Bernstein.

The 65-year-old will replace Bernstein when he leaves the post after two-and-a-half years in July – and takes the helm from Saturday July 13.
                    Dyke, who joins an FA board that already includes United's outgoing chief executive David Gill, told the FA website: 'Football has always been a big part of my life whether playing 11-a-side on Sunday mornings or six-a-side on Thursday evenings.

Main man: Former United director Dyke will take the helm at the FA

'I was brought up in a household where my father was much more interested in whether or not you had won at football than whether you had passed your exams. In my case that was just as well.

'I still turn out to play six-a-side some Thursday evenings although at my age I seem to spend more time injured than playing.

'I supported my local team Brentford as a kid where my elder brother was a junior, watched York City while at university and followed Manchester United whenever I could.

Game over: Bernstein's (left) tenure at the FA will soon come to an end

'I got involved in how the game was run when I was first involved in buying sports rights as Chairman of ITV Sport in the late Eighties and later at the BBC.
                    'I learnt a lot in the years when I was on the Board of Manchester United and have seen the other side of the professional game at Brentford.'

Football man: Dyke's local team while growing up was Brentford - where he became non-executive chairman in 2006

The FA said in a statement: 'The Football Association Board has today unanimously approved the nomination for Greg Dyke to be appointed independent FA chairman.

Football man: Dyke with former BBC Director General, John Birt

'Dyke, 65, will take over as chairman from David Bernstein when he leaves the post after two-and-a-half years in July - subject to approval by the FA council. The appointment will take effect from Saturday, July 13.
                    'This follows a recruitment process led by FA independent director Roger Devlin (chairman of the nominations committee) with fellow board members Roger Burden and Keith Lamb.
                    'In a high-profile broadcasting industry career, Dyke has worked as director general of the BBC and managing director of London Weekend Television.
                    'Dyke has had a long background in football. He was a director of Manchester United in the late nineties and since 2006 he has been non-executive chairman of Brentford Football Club, the team he supported as a boy. He will relinquish this role at the end of the season to take up his new post at the FA.'

Red alert: United director Gill (seen with Dyke) is also on the FA board

A FIT AND PROPER FOOTBALL PERSON

There is no doubting Greg Dyke's love of football.
                    He might have sat in the hottest chairs in television as director general of the BBC and managing director of London Weekend Television but he still turns out on Thursday evenings to play a local game of six-a-side at the age of 65.
                    Dyke was born in Hayes, west London, in 1947 and has risen from being a trainee reporter at the Hillingdon Mirror to become one of the most respected and resourceful television executives in British broadcasting.
                    His latest proposed appointment as chairman of the Football Association is no real surprise considering his reputation for leadership and getting things done.
                    Despite leaving Hayes Grammar School with one grade 'E' in A-level mathematics, Dyke has always shown an aptitude when it comes to business and budgets and being ahead of the game.
                    At LWT he made his name as the brains behind The Six O'Clock Show, fronted by Michael Aspel, with co-hosts Danny Baker and Janet Street-Porter, which is seen by critics as being the first example of British tabloid TV.
                    It led to him becoming programme controller at ailing station TV-am in 1983, where famously he embarked on a radical relaunch to take on the BBC in the ratings.
                    He devised a high-risk schedule based around bingo, celebrity gossip and horoscopes and, most crucially, the introduction of Roland Rat, a hand puppet which lured viewers in their millions.
                    As such he is also credited as the man who dumbed down British television but when Granada bought out LWT, Dyke is said to have made a fortune.
                    Dyke was among the consortium which successfully bid for the Channel 5 licence in 1995 and he became the first chairman of the new channel.
                    Yet while his television success will always be associated with Roland Rat his television demise came at the BBC, although he is remembered as a boss who cut administration costs and encouraged programme makers.
                    As such he was a rare example of a top executive who was universally liked and respected by the employees, even if he did lose the terrestrial rights to Premier League football to ITV during his tenure.
                    His downfall came when he resigned from the BBC in January 2004, following the publication of the Hutton Report which saw the BBC forced to apologise for errors in reporting the suicide of scientist Dr David Kelly.
                    In 2006 Dyke turned again to football, becoming non-executive chairman of his beloved Brentford, a club he has supported since childhood, although he also holds a large candle for Manchester United.
                    He served on the Old Trafford board as a non-executive director in the 1990s when he was the lone board member to oppose a takeover bid from BSkyB, a deal which was subsequently rejected by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.
                    As such there is no doubt he understands the intricacies of footballing politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                      Dunny, don't start me on "not being nice". I have been supportive of Wenger's approach to running his club (nuff on this board to show that) and if Liverpool were to blow up, I would probably sew some white sleeves on my red's shirt, and put two gun barrel pon me chest over the bird, but this past 24 months were an unmitigated disaster out of your club. First, unu lose 8-2 to the scum and then turn around and sell the best striker in the Prem to them for the following season. WTF!? Could you see Slurgie selling Rooney to City after the 6-1 loss? Not a fork. I blame your team more than any other for the 20th title by the unmentionables. A close runner up is City after their p*ss-poor title defense. Shameful. Shameful. Shaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeeeeefullllllll and worse, they who deserve a right rollicking for not hiring Rafa for next season. Pelligrini not gonna last 2 seasons...no way. Okay, who else me can p*ss off? Oh...and as for Chelsea, their fans deserve the "arseoles of the year" award for their treatment of Rafa especially since the man bring them silver. Worst fans in the world, it being understood that the worst of everything in the world is the Manu** organization, administration, fan base, suppliers, sponsors, employees, ex-players, current players, wives, girlfriends, (boyfriends*), pets, cars, toys, property, homes and even the ground dem walk on ...but Chelski fans really scrape the bottom of the barrel wid the way dem gwaan wid Rafa. Terrible. That don't mean that Arsenal don't deserve a busshead
                      Typical Looserpool fan. Blame everybody else for MU securing title number 20, but forgot to mention his flimsy side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Typical Looserpool fan. Blame everybody else for MU securing title number 20, but forgot to mention his flimsy side.
                        Blame everybody else? WTF!? I blame Wenger and Arsenal, not everyone else! Are you telling me Manu** would have won the title without RVP? Not even Slurgie agree wid you. Slurgie on RVP: "In terms of impact he has had as big an impact as anyone I can imagine." Tap u nize an' put on u learnin' and comprehension hat!
                        http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=eng/news/newsid=1943662.html

Comment

Yuh caan learn me nothing. How much time me fe tell yuh she widout RVP Rooney and Chi-Chi man would a score we goals. Yuh deaf????

Comment

Absolute and unadulterated conjecture! IOW, you cannot prove that statement so scientifically, philosophically and FACTUALLY it has NO MEANING to sensible people like Paul and me ... try again!
                            Peter R

Comment

Working...
                            X