RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great? The football being played in schools is lousy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great? The football being played in schools is lousy!!!

Improve that teaching!
    What? Are you crazy?

Sure the school has all our talented boys and girls. Why would anyone wish our boys and girls well?

The best thing to do is ignore the schools!!!
    Burn most of our boys and girls as they are not worth anything!!!
    Yaaaah!!!!

Is the above an extreme interpretation?
    Maybe!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I found one!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Which football power builds a program from high schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Which football power builds a program from high schools?
        Schools!!!!
        ...high school is one type of school!!! Yuh neva kno dat?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Time to identify the diamonds in the High School Diaspora that have been flung far and wide to.. gather them and lead them to a promised academy... I mean land !

Comment

Which football power builds a program from schools? Name them...

Comment

Yuh too fallah fashon !

Think outside the box !

Comment

Which does not use the school system (as a part of the process)?
                ...name one?

Let me answer for you - You cannot...because there is not one country that totally ignores its schools. What the large football powers have done is in the main use the schools as one area to observe and recruit (*what they hope is) the very best talents.

*Naturally - No stats exist to prove 'the negative'.
                Example: How would one know if Merlene Ottey's were missed in Jamaica? You cannot!!! Why? All our female kids did not have the same access to 'the start'/opportunites Merlene had during her 'track' formative years.

Comment

King Karl...time for you to let it go...
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I know!
                    I shall!

Comment

Karl...every child goes to school...we get it...no football power uses the school system to develop top calls footballers...Football powers are not observing 6-7-8 year olds in primary school...the kids are not recruited from schools...they are recruited from youth clubs...Go home Karl...you're drunk...

Comment

all a dem

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          Karl...every child goes to school...we get it...no football power uses the school system to develop top calls footballers...Football powers are not observing 6-7-8 year olds in primary school...the kids are not recruited from schools...they are recruited from youth clubs...Go home Karl...you're drunk...
                          I agree that no football power uses the schools and I don't disagree that schools are not the way to go, but do you know why does the high school/college system works for American football?
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Because nobody else plays that sport?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              Because nobody else plays that sport?
                              I think it is because they have done a few things:

1. The training program is a 10 month program
                              2. The big schools recruit
                              3. They are (to a great extent) using public funds
                              4. The sport is expensive, so privatization would be a challenge
                              5. Schools see american football programs as a benefit, not a drain (it attracts public support, sponsorship and other funding) plus is good for schools spirit
                              6. There is a divisional system as I understand it, so the best players end up at the best schools

Bricktop might hit me on the head for this, but I think schools can be the basis of a soccer program if there is a divisional system that gets the best players playing together and some kind of supplemental competitive program where the best players from a group of schools play together (e.g. an all-star team or teams from the corporate area play in a league against country schools). Of course, this presumes coaching is up to snuff (which is where I believe the big problem is). By no means should anyone think I have thought this through, just trying to be creative to leverage the cultural pre-disposition we already have to school-boy football in Jamaica.
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                              X