Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    Reggae Boyz’ starting XI for their crucial World Cup qualifier:
    GK- Donovan Ricketts; Defenders – Adrian Mariappa, Daniel Gordon, Alvas Powell, O’Brian Woodbine; Midfielders – Rodolph Austin, Marvin Elliot, Garath McCleary, Je-Vaughn Watson, Jermaine Hue; Forward – Ryan Johnson.

Sickko,

Long time. Respect!!

Good to see you back in the place.

Well, good luck to the boyz tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      This move would make no footballing sense at all. We would only be playing Hue for playing Hue's sake as the man is not s striker or forward. He is a play-maker who ccan supply the passes to forwards so they can score. It is either you play Hue in the middle, or you continue keeping him on he bench.

Still surprised that Watson, the man who was called in as a last minute replacement made the first team cut. Interesting. . .
      What prevents him from scoring?
      He certainly is our best passer. The men he pass to gives him small targets but the goal is in comparison huge!!!! ...and therefore should be able to put the ball on the big ole wide goal!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How will he get into 'passing' range ?

And who will provide him the ball such that defenders are unable to stop him from passing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
          How will he get into 'passing' range ?

And who will provide him the ball such that defenders are unable to stop him from passing ?
          Must come somewhere from the other 10!
          I hope you are not saying there is no one outside of Hue who can get a ball to another player?

I know you have seen our previous matches so pl ease clear your mind of the nonsense that Hue is the only one on the team who passes the ball to TEAM-mates.

...fact is, in matches more passes are made by other players combined than any one player...matters not the quality match - our CFU, CONCACAF or other confederations or anywhere in the whole wide world. Bwoy...that silly hype on and about Hue has blown 'reality' out of many heads!!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Who.. please tell me who you expect to be delivering these passes into areas where you can 'pass' the ball into the opponents goal..

Thanks in advance..

Comment

How the hell Karl has Hue going up against Lynch is beyond sanity! There must be a quota as to how many Harbour View players can be on the field at any one time.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Must come somewhere from the other 10!
                I hope you are not saying there is no one outside of Hue who can get a ball to another player?
                Show me that player. Show me one other player on that team that completed a forward attacking pass last night.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Show me that player. Show me one other player on that team that completed a forward attacking pass last night.

Thanks!
                  Definitely not the other attacking midfielder Watson, he kept passing the ball backwards when he had open options ahead of him...I know yuh nuh like JJ but he would be bursting forward given those opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    How the hell Karl has Hue going up against Lynch is beyond sanity! There must be a quota as to how many Harbour View players can be on the field at any one time.
                    Going up against?
                    What the hell are you onto now?

Comment

thank you Mo. We needed one player to make the fast transition and put the defenders on their back feet. We didn't have JJ but why not start Omar Daley then if you wanted so much midfielder???

I don't see the fascination with Watson.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Re: Very, very interesting that JaVaughn Watson is back...

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Very, very interesting that JaVaughn Watson is back...Jermaine Hue is starting and Alvas Powell is starting/playing.

I do not wish to say anything other than:
                        a) I would start Jermaine Hue or Jermie Lynch (a roll of the dice) up front!!!

b) Glad to see Ryan Johnson back in. He should, if available, be one of the 'must play'.

c) Bruce: I shall be watching your Daniel Gordon in anticipation of hopefully good game.

d) Praying for a REGGAE BOYZ win!!!
                        a) Jermaine Hue had a fair game. Played as withdrawn striker...just behind striker. Cannot remember him taking a shot? Will replay video.

Cannot remember him setting up his strike partner...save his corners?

To be fair his strike partner (Ryan Johnson) set up no one...as his best effort ended a poor pass - picked off...in any case 'hit' opponent.

b) Ryan Johnson was not up to snuff.

c) Daniel Gordon played very well!

d) My prayers were not answered.

Comment

Working...
                        X