On the Maestro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Maestro!

Well, this is not an apology, however he played well in patches and truth is as I have said many times one man cannot be a saviour in a team sport like this and too many people put too much on him. My bias is not against him, he is just not my kind of player.

I must say that he added some urgency to the game and after Austin took two just ridiculous corners, his corners had the Mexican players sweating and the Jamaican players salivating to connect. He also closed down space some, didn't see any steals from him which is a must for me in that position. I also saw one pass which I have no idea how he made it, I saw no options and I was looking at the tv view so either that was brilliant or wikid buck up.

All in all he was one of the best on the field out of the lot. If a so, ah so, and is so I see it. Not saying I would play him next match but he more than did his part in this match.

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Well, this is not an apology, however he played well in patches and truth is as I have said many times one man cannot be a saviour in a team sport like this and too many people put too much on him. My bias is not against him, he is just not my kind of player.

I must say that he added some urgency to the game and after Austin took two just ridiculous corners, his corners had the Mexican players sweating and the Jamaican players salivating to connect. He also closed down space some, didn't see any steals from him which is a must for me in that position. I also saw one pass which I have no idea how he made it, I saw no options and I was looking at the tv view so either that was brilliant or wikid buck up.

All in all he was one of the best on the field out of the lot. If a so, ah so, and is so I see it. Not saying I would play him next match but he more than did his part in this match.

Some can never bring themselves to say half of this.

I can appreciate him not being anyone's player, to a point, but some of the arguments are plain ridiculous!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

there is HOPE yet !
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Of the lot it was clear he was the better passer on the field. What got me upset is many times he would come for the ball, and the player in possession thinking he is a better passer makes the wrong pass. In the first half and played a quick pass to Johnson who decided to hold onto the ball instead of playing the ball into Hue's path who may have had a chance to shoot.

Know what .... I will just gwaan read the threads, me naaah run up my blood pressure over a mediocre side.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

MY Respect to you Sir Stoni.

X
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I saw that too where he demanded the ball and he was bypassed ,angry i am but the lack of team chemistry played a big part....think about it ..Tappa has 5 starting 11 in this round some just came from england....what happened to the others before this round?...crazy,not even Hue was a part of it?
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Stoni yuh mek me heart swell to know seh as a Bar man, you are big enough to acknowledge Hue's value to the team. Can you imagine if Hue was getting more games and building that Chemistry with the forwards and the others? Imagine if Hue had a Chicharito working with in front of him or even a Clint Dempsey.....a Landon Donovan. Players that know how to attack the spaces behind defenders.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hue short passes would work well with Mattocks and Jermaine Beckford through the middle and a two good overlapping midfielders.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If we want more goals:

-----------Hue---McAnuff/Austin

Johnson/Mcleary-----------------Phillips

--------JJ/Robinson----Beckford/Mattocks

We need a decent defensive mid that can defend and distribute from the middle 3rd.

Comment

U wrote " didn't see any steals from him which is a must for me in that position". A player with Hue's offensive ability shouldnt even push a foot fi mek a tackle. His defensive contribution should only come as a team defender. Players have roles and such roles are aligned with their skillset, Hue's offensive contribution to the team far outweighs any steals he can get in a game.
                    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                    Mitty

Comment

I can give a non bias view on Jermaine Hue, I am neither pro-Hue or Anti-Hue. I am only interested in a successful Jamaica team regardless who don our colours. Hue is a neat and tidy player but not the mesiah people try to make him out to be. To be honest i was expecting more from him last night. His passing was neat and tidy, however he didn't influence the game whatsoever. Jamaica created zero opportunities from open play. We created more chances in Mexico and Costa Rica without Hue in the team than we did last night. I am not saying Hue shouldn't be in the team i am just saying from my view he didn't make as much of an impact as the hype suggest!

Comment

I don't think he was overly impressive either but playing him as a single mid with a single forward and no explosive mid to support? Could we expect much better(Well Mclearly is the only explosive)?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          I don't think he was overly impressive either but playing him as a single mid with a single forward and no explosive mid to support? Could we expect much better(Well Mclearly is the only explosive)?
                          Come on?
                          Players must use the strengths of their TEAM-mates. Sass, it is a TEAM game!!!

It is never a Hue-game or Messi-game...or whomever-game...it is a TEAM-game!

TEAM it is that wins, draws or lose.
                          Ever noticed how results are written - TEAM A so many goals v TEAM B so many goals!!!!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is a reason you have positions. Players by nature is stronger in some position. Why don't you line up Ryan Johnson or Mattocks and put them in the goal too?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              There is a reason you have positions. Players by nature is stronger in some position. Why don't you line up Ryan Johnson or Mattocks and put them in the goal too?
                              We have better goalkeepers!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X