I put the blame on the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the blame on the coaching staff

they must have panic. NO WAY we should be playing at home for 90 minutes with one central striker. Starting Jevaughn Watson was a cowardly move. He doesn't really add much. His transition to offence was not to our advantage.

You can't play Hue as a second striker. Hue is suppose to be behind the forward line, not part of it. When Dada came in, Hue should have come off, sorry but we don't need them both on the field, it would have been better to add Omar Daley, someone who can transition from Defense to Offense quickly.

Have we lost the win at home mentality??? Are we just trying to pick off our opponents or we should be trying to have them on their backfeet inna we yard.

We gave Mexico too much respect in our home. Again one striker for 90 minutes even after we went down 1-0 a foolishness.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Assassin you missing the fundamental point again, you cannot win, when you are giving up simple goals, Ricketts saved us from two clear goals as well. This proved the point amply we played all the payers everyone wanted to play on offense, Daley, hue, mattocks, beckford. An attacking stance is always a risk, you ever see a boxer attack a boxer of equal ability from the get go, if so most times that is a knock out, when facing good opposition especially in a competition like the hex, you got to rope a dope.

Comment

Assasin who would you have started?

Comment

Stoni the fact is we save the goals, that is what Ricketts is there for. Their goalies also saved two clear chances I saw.

The fact is if we fail to attack at home it gives others more confident to come forward. What exactly was Watson doing? If we play wid so many midfielder you have to have people who can transition from Defense to Offense quickly, like Dane Richards, Omar Daley, Darren Mattocks, and Jermaine Johnson, Peel head on the field. We had no explosion out of midfield and to add to that Hue in offense so Hue had to pick up most of his ball and turn or pass it back.

We simply needed to take on Mexico at home. When we were doing 1-0, why not just go for it??? We started out by ensuring a draw to the first half instead of trying to put some pressure on them. I feel like we were playing away from home.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jermaine Beckford and Ryan Johnson up top. Hue right behind them.

Would never have Hue and Dada in the game at the same time.

Would not put Mattocks on Left wing. Watson wouldn't be on the field.

That said, I just think we went in the game too timid.
          Last edited by Assasin; June 5, 2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
            Assassin you missing the fundamental point again, you cannot win, when you are giving up simple goals, Ricketts saved us from two clear goals as well. This proved the point amply we played all the payers everyone wanted to play on offense, Daley, hue, mattocks, beckford. An attacking stance is always a risk, you ever see a boxer attack a boxer of equal ability from the get go, if so most times that is a knock out, when facing good opposition especially in a competition like the hex, you got to rope a dope.
            Without risk there is no gain. And yes, you CAN win matches even when you give up simple goals. You cannot approach all games defensively, and you cannot reach the WC by drawing all your matches.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

After 4 games we have allowed 4 goals and score 1. We have played Mexico Twice.

DO THE MATH !!! MORE DEFENSE IS NOT THE SOLUTION !!

Comment

Working...
              X