• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jokes aside, this is my pick for the ReggaeBoyz

starting 11 vs the U.S.

In goal: Ricketts - no explanation necessary

Defense:
    LB - Phillips (proven & no better option)
    CD - Gordon & Mariappa (have proven themselves & can deal with the crosses)
    RB - Elliott (has experience playing professionally at right back, right wing & defensive/central mid, so he brings a strong defensive foundation with an ability to come forward & can cover well)

Central/Defensive Midfield:
    Austin & McAnuff (strong proven players who can break up attacks coming through the middle & down the flanks, and help in attack especially with their shooting)

Attacking Midfield:
    LW - R. Johnson (I don't see him as a pure striker. He is more of supporting forward & what he brings is versatility. Professionally he has played LB, LW and forward, so he's not only an attacking threat but is also a good cover when Phillips goes forward)
    Creative Mid - Hue (he is your best option to make the threatening/goal scoring passes to your striker & wingers, as well as anyone in goal scoring position. He can also take good corners & free kicks.)
    RW - J. Johnson (he is a very credible threat offensively, who can keep defenses on their heels & win free kicks.)

Striker:
    Beckford (Is an experienced goal scorer, & with Hue playing provider and the 2 Johnsons in support, he should get more than enough chances.)

A selection as good as any!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Now you talking sense..

However I would move Phillips into LW.. we need goals now.. I am sure we can find a decent LB that is told to stay at home..

Ryan Johnson can rotate with McLeary on the RW

Comment

And if we need to go into aggressive mode:

-----------Hue---McAnuff/Austin

Johnson/Mcleary-----------------Phillips

--------JJ/Robinson----Beckford/Mattocks

We need a decent defensive mid that can defend and distribute from the middle 3rd.

Comment

I like your side but here's my final choice:

-------------Donovan Ricketts----------------

Alvas Powell ---Marriappa-----Gordon-------Woodbine

------------------Elliott----------------------

McLeary/Omar Daley (Sub)---------------Hue-----------------Phillips

---------Johnson--------------Robinson/JJ (Sub)---------
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Make sure that those 2 backs step up, because I guarantee that they will be attacked all game long. We are aware they are the least experienced & that will be exploited to the MAX.

Comment

I think it will be a game with a few goals. The bottomline is that we cannot approach the game with a defensive mindset, which will inevitably leave our wingbacks exposed. Hopefully, if we take a more attacking approach, it will keep their defense pinned back.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Elliot is a defender.. has no midfield value...

Big but slow.. have not seen him work well with the defenders to start play..

Comment

Jamaica has no choice but to be more offensive, BUT it will not be one way traffic. We know that Powell & Woodbine are the weak links in your defense, and your center backs also know, so it is natural that they will want to cover & support them which can easily open spaces for our attackers. It's "the law": Find the weakness/weak link and exploit it.

Comment

Mattocks again?.

Comment

and again and again and again....

Comment

When Nosworthy returns, maybe Tappa or the new coach, whoever he is, might want to take a look at Daniel Gordon as defensive midfielder.
                        Last edited by Bruce; June 5, 2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Whe Mariappa gone? you mean his brethren?
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Changed to Nosworthy.

Comment

LOOLL. Good eye still Bruce,
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X