This game is a must win!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is a must win!!!

Have to call it as I see it, we have let four points escape with losses to mex at home and in cr and then giving up that goal against panama.

Starting three new players in defense was a mistake, as I have been calling for we need a more experienced back line.

US is a different team than Mexico, Mexico thrives on ball movement and drawing opponents out thus creating space on the flanks to get the job done, us relies on fitness and brawn and where Mexico believes they can outsmart and be a more disciplined team in execution, us believes they are just fitter and will outwork you with set plays, tenacity and superior discipline.

Again they are all right, our weakness is disciplined execution over 90 minutes, one defensive lapse can mean the difference between a win and a loss, as seen in the mex game where we had a nice string of defensive lapses that resulted in the goal.

Here is the team to get it done.

Elliott at rb as I said before the mex game.
    Gordon and mariappa in center
    Is Phillips available not sure, but if he is get him back there

At dm Austin and Evan Taylor

Right mid is JJ at attacking mid is hue much as he is not my player he is the best option we have now, our players can't even kick a corner properly, he also does hold the ball well and does make the occasional good pass, in that position you must do that or the us will be off to the races down the middle. Ryan on the left mid and beckford with another chance at top in the 4-5-1

That is a very physical team with everybody battle hardened for the most part.

Do or die!

As good as any!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not really the case Karl. This is the halfway point and we are on two points, based on linear trend we are poised for a whopping five points, that is hard reality staring us in the face, this is the most critical game and it is our third game at home, past the halfway point.

We are deluding ourselves if we don't see that and realize that this team needs to win at least three of the last six games starting with this one and draw the rest that will get us to 14 and the fourth spot.

Comment

hue much as he is not my player he is the best option we have now, our players can't even kick a corner properly, he also does hold the ball well and does make the occasional good pass
        What kind of underhand compliment that for Hue? Makes the occasional good pass? Nobody on the Reggae Boyz side passes as well as Hue. Not Austin, not Watson, Elliot or anybody.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Hey, you know where I am coming from, he is not my kind of player, but he is the best we have now and if e can do his part on closing space and keeping the net tight, keep possession make some passes then that is good, he looks very composed on the ball and under pressure he looks as good if not better than everybody else.

Comment

He is not your type of player, but you should not let that consistently cloud your judgment. For all the good argument you put fourth from time to time, this tendency to discredit the player based on your personal preference is just wrong and speaks to your credibility.

Try to be objective Stoni and leave the "He is not my type of player" line out of his posts. You are bigger than that and I am sure you can at least be objective.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla you mixing it up, I have clearly said he does not fit the model that I like, but clearly he has shown that he is the best player for that attacking mid position, Mcanuff is not quite what I thought he was and Watson just is not there mentally for a guy with the physical talent and advantages which he has.
              So there s no bias as you say, I have selected him based on the combination of his performance in the last game his talents and the dearth of competition for this spot looking at all jamaican players across the diaspora.

Comment

....by default.....which is what people like me, Mosiah, Tilla, X and others have been saying from day one. Hue MUST be in the side because after years of searching, there we have no one better at our disposal. If Tappa had figured this out 2 years ago, we would be in a better position today.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jamaica will not win the next game & the campaign for all practical purposes is over.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And if they do ?

Comment

Couldn't care less if he is your type of player or not but to say Hue "does make the occasional good pass", that is just not an honest statement.

He has been dealing with these sorts of things for a decade now, so a nuh nutten.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X