No announcement yet.

Fabian Davis Appointed U15 Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah like how Davis is a former international they can exempt him from the F and E but you normally have to do the D. Although my try to weasel my may out of doing the D. LOL. Them say no dice.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Tilla, I guess there are D licences and D licences... or maybe the requirement has changed over time as when I did it, over eight years ago we did it over four days (two weekends) and at the end we had a written and a practical test. We had a group of youth players who essentially spent a selected number of hours with us.

I also believe hat you have to renew the licence after so many years with a refresher... I think. I have never renewed mine since taking the course.
      Peter R

Comment

PR, I am thinking it could have been the E or F level Sass referred to in his post. So yes, the D may have higher requirements than the one I did.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

If yuh get it out of a Kellogs corn flakes box, chances are....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The JFF's and *FIFA's coaching courses are nonsense courses.

They introduce the coaches to courses that require not the few hours they offer but subjects that properly covered require at least similar hours of study of certificate courses at tertiary institutions. - e.g. Methods etc. at it relates to motivating to best perform (psychology, etc.), lesson planning, teaching methods, etc.

The actual coaching/teaching of players/students is 'skipped'.

Even 'the how' to observe and 'practicals' on 'how to interpret what is being observed is never given serious consideration. ...merely cursory attention.

The results of failure of the JFF's courses to deliver 'good teaching' is there for all to see using the time honored methods of rating 'grade papers'(=actual quality of players and TEAMs graduating from those 'JFF certified teachers/coaches).
            Assuming football success is measured by a) national teams being consistently at top international tournaments. -
            - Regional for Jamaica is the Gold Cup.
            - International for Jamaica is,
            i) FIFA World tournaments at U-17, U-20, CONFEDERATIONS Cup and the FIFA World Cup.
            ii) Olympic/U-23 tournaments.

...and...

b) production of numbers of individual local players plying trade in top world football leagues and top world professional footballers.

c) local TEAMs performing at high levels at the international tournaments for which they 'sit exams'. --- for Jamaica the CONCACAF CLUB Championships through FIFA World Club Championships.

TALENT ABOUNDS - ...and it because of that preponderance of our talented why a precious few overcome the difficulties placed in their paths by the JFF and the JFF produced 'marred' - (=programmed to think they know...know not that they know not teachers/coaches...they were taught to think the instructions given is gospel and part of that gospel is 'brain-washing' to believe the courses have made them qualified coaches) - coaches and still go on find some success at some level as professional players.

By every measurement --- every which way the 'papers are graded' our JFF certified coaches have failed...and are continuing to fail.

*Could not care too figs about the FIFA courses - it would not matter if they ran the courses and taught handstands only save the certificate they hand out aid our coaches on way to international jobs i.e. job outside of the island. What is important is the quality of our local coaches leading to great teachers who consistently find success at coaching teams and players to acceptable top world level of play.

The important thing...the ONLY important thing is JAMAICA and our JAMAICA players=The ONLY IMPORTANT THING is our football!!!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X