RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical, athletic, combative, closing space!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical, athletic, combative, closing space!!

How many times did we hear that throughout the Espn telecast, Spain had 55 plus percent possession but guess what, they lost 3-0 and Brasil brought the fight, that is all Ian looking for in jamaica. Spain has the better players but Brasil played with more intensity and is more athletic, there is a way to beat superior skilled sides with athleticism and a good game plan, we saw that today.

I felt the vibe just from brazil singing the anthem.

good game but you know what? If Spain had win you would come here talking bout passing and ball possession so we can't win.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Neymar was the best playerb on the pitch!

Comment

No, follow my posts, Jamaica cannot play that spain style now maybe never, it takes a very long time to develop that style. I have always emphasized exactly what we saw yesterday, physical, combative, closing space, shutdown defensive style with rapid counter attack via versatile core central players and speedy skillful flank players. We have the raw material for all that. Remember how France shutdown brazil in 2006.

Comment

I agree with that, definitely yesterday for sure.

Comment

It may not take us as long as you think.

I was introduced to the total football - pass and move/move and pass attack and entire TEAM defense in 1958 & 1959 by the Arthur MacKenzie trained StGC TEAM. That team had 'a million players' of Chinese descent. 'Dynamite' Lyn, etc.

...then out of StGC came the Winston Chung-Fah/Winthorp "Jackie" Bell Santos Football Club...with similar short-passing buzzing around.

The teams had players showing high technical and tactical awareness...but for today's that type play was too slow. Those players do not have the explosiveness, pace, quickness of actions...or indeed the physical strength of players on the modern teams.

*The St George Old Boys Division 1 team played a similar game...but those men always had at least 1 indisciplined bruckie boo on the team...the one extremely stupid player -- super brukie-boo - I remembered is Lascleve "Muggy" Graham. Superb technical skills but equally incredible anti-TEAM play. He would at times bruck the entire opposing set of players...and then start the process again without bring one team-mate into working with him...or at least so it seemed to em.
            Last edited by Karl; July 1, 2013, 04:30 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hahaha Karl that is seriously funny, I will have to share that if you dont mind. I wont call any names.

Comment

I meant the part on Mr. Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  Hahaha Karl that is seriously funny, I will have to share that if you dont mind. I wont call any names.
                  Seriously my friend - He made me at first mad. Then I realized he was 'funny-type' clown so I watched many of his games with a puzzled smile on my face...then still later with disgust!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Stoni, no one has a problem with that but Brazil also had players who could pass the damn ball!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lol ! woiee !

Comment

Working...
                      X