Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches eager

Coaches eager

Capt Burrell encouraged by keen interest from foreigners, locals for Reggae Boyz job

By Howard Walker Observer senior reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Interest from several international coaches for the position of Jamaica's head coach has caught Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president Captain Horace Burrell totally by surprise.

"You would be surprised to know the number of candidates from overseas who have expressed an interest. I am shocked. I did not realise that so many experienced coaches were in fact zeroing on Jamaica. That's very encouraging," revealed Burrell yesterday.

BURRELL… we are working around the clock to make sure that whoever is selected is the best at this time

BURRELL… we are working around the clock to make sure that whoever is selected is the best at this time

"British, Germans, Belgians, Americans, Trinidadians and so many nationalities. It's incredible, and of course Jamaicans," he added with a chuckle.

The Reggae Boyz have been without a head coach since Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore was sacked on June 12 following Jamaica's 0-2 World Cup qualification defeat to Honduras.

Jamaica currently lie at the bottom of the six-team group with two points from six games, and will play Panama on September 6, and Burrell stated that the new coach will be in place before then.

"I think we are on the right track, there is no need to rush ourselves unnecessarily. What I can tell you and this is very important, the coach and staff that will be selected for the continuation of our World Cup programme, will be done ahead of time," Burrell noted.

Although he couldn't give a specific time for the naming of the coach, Burrell reiterated that it would be soon.

"We will have a coach in place as soon as possible. What I can tell you is that a coach will be in place in time to select the team for the first game. We are working around the clock to make sure that whoever is selected is the best at this time," said Burrell.

The JFF boss refused to give names of the interested people, but have not ruled out the possibility of the job going to a local coach.

"At this time I am not able to say, but we are looking at everyone who has expressed an interest, believe we are, and at the end of the day the best candidate will be selected to be the national coach of Jamaica," said Burrell.

Regarding the question of affordability, Burrell made it known that his federation is looking for the best person and funds would have to be found to facilitate that person.

"I am looking for the best coach that we can have available to lead our football. I am hoping we will be able to afford the best man," he pointed out.

"At this time we are not ruling out anyone. At this time there is no room for errors and that's why we are taking our time, looking carefully at everything, all aspects in order to get the best person," said the no-nonsense Burrell.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2Xu2yCBtY
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

This is one hell of an article...and the quotes???

Jeeeeepppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

And the job goes to ..... Please do not forget the appointment of Carl Brown as a coach with European flavor as a result of his stint with Bolton

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

or Vernon bell he once resided in Canada !

Comment

you nuh USAF a communicate with the JFF. Him send him list
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            What I can tell you is that a coach will be in place in time to select the team for the first game.
            Jesus H Christ...appoint the head coach now...not in friggin August...

Comment

Communicating with this JFF administration is a WASTE of time & energy, plus I have more than enough concerns about our stagnating soccer program.

Comment

said the no-nonsense Burrell..... The biggest Joke in Jamaica, someone needs to tell the emperor he has no clothes .
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

the captain does not get it.. why not app a coach so we can call a camp now.. the uk base player will not be available soon...

Comment

You do care!!!😥

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No...that would be my feelings if i did care

Comment

Nice try you old softy. Try to portray this tough exterior but not that deep down you cry when you watch old yeller and Bambi 😄

Comment

Oh yes he does!!

He attended the last 2 home games at the Stadium
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

you sure a nuh Patrick inna SpongeBob. LOL

Him soon call out Skeng D outa hiding to come and attack.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"British, Germans, Belgians, Americans, Trinidadians and so many nationalities"

RBSC posters?

Comment

Working...
                              X