Haïti (Ah-ee-tee) football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haïti (Ah-ee-tee) football

How is it a country that was almost totally devastated by an earthquake three and a half years ago, can reach the Gold Cup and play such refreshing football!

What's our excuse?? hmmm....
    Peter R

Have you forgotten about the constant barrage from hurricane Horace???

Comment

We would probably do the same if FIFA was to take over our program also.

Comment

Are they winning!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          Are they winning!!!???
          Yes....they just beat T&T 2_NIL.

They have a great chance of making it to the quarter finals. If they do I may be going to support them at that game!!
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yes, just saw that, I heard that Honduras beat them 2-0 and I then wondered about all the people that were so impressed with the games against Spain and Italy and thought, well by that logic Honduras should drop some love on Italy. But as I always say competition time is different that romping business charity match.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              How is it a country that was almost totally devastated by an earthquake three and a half years ago, can reach the Gold Cup and play such refreshing football!

What's our excuse?? hmmm....
              Peter, they are playing very good football, for me, the most entertaining of the tournament, but they still need to work on their finishing. They are incredibly athletic and showing much greater discipline than Haitian teams of the past. They are very much so a 2018 qualification contender...and my team for the Gold Cup...although I think the USA has this one in the bag.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Look like is scoreline yuh fallah...

The day Jamaican can play Spain and Italy and actually look like they belong.. let me know..

Comment

yes but are they WINNING !???

lol ! woiee !

Some posters on yah nuh ready at all.... probably a Critical Thinking blockage..

Comment

Hey, one thing bout me Maudib, everything s about the bottom line, yuh can look pretty like Tahiti and lose by ten is a waste of everybody's time.

Draw with Italy and almost with Spain in a practice match, that is jokes business, win against Honduras then we can talk, win versus TNT don't mean jack.

Style versus substance,that is one of the fundamental problems with many people get fooled by pretty shiny things and don't focus on the bottom line, the results, it is the only thing that counts.

Comment

Style ?

When Chelsea beat Spain in Champions league.. did you think that Spain had too much Style ?

You don't believe Spain is enough into the bottom line ?

lol ! woiee !

Guh back and study.. yuh off into the twilight zone...

Mek Haiti find 1 or two clinical finishers and yuh will si bout style... yuh nuh know wheh clock a strike...

Did you watch any of the games you are yapping about ?

"Spain and Italy is joke business.. Honduras is the true measure.."

Yuh have sense ? Do Spain and Italy win any practice matches ?

Comment

When did Chelsea play Spain, yuh mean Barcelona?

My fault for arguing wid yuh, cyan win no argument gainst yuh!

If I am in the twilight zone, then a lot of people are in some serious problems!!

Olast chance trying to get you to see context, practice matches played by Spain and Italy have little or no consequence, that is the basic point so don't read too much into that. Many of us as football lovers put too much stock in style,it is a simple game, don't let the opposition score and sore one or two goals, that is it.

Comment

Practice matches have little or no consequence.. ??

So why do teams play them ??

lol ! woiee !

Comment

STYLE - No one can put too much stock in style, because it is an integral part of EVERY sport. The "strong" defensive team play & counter attacking that YOU support & want Jamaica to play is a STYLE of football. STYLE is what defines a team and/or individual in sports.

Comment

USAF when we talk about style in Jamaica we are talking about looking good, so a discussion about style versus substance is really about looking good versus results.

much as how many were impressed with Tahiti's style of play that all thought was great but they were destroyed from a results standpoint.
                              A great looking boxer with a glass chin is actually a waste of time, unless he has a knockout punch that can help him compete. Same in football if your style is open and you cannot play consistent defense, please don't waste my time or anybody else's time you are going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X