• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Shaka Hislop

...as a football analyst
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

He is good and is a pretty sharp guy too.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That's because Shaka has no agenda nor doing any self promotion.

Comment

Plus, some Trinis might say he went to a good school however, his alma mater, St. Mary's College in POS, needs a "Ruel Reid" (Jamaica College headmaster credited with arresting the slide of the school and righting the ship). St Mary's College, a Catholic school that is partially funded by the government (at least 50% funding), has a principal who seems to have lost the plot IMO, given up the ghost so to speak, with respect to many things, not least academic and discipline... whe de cyatahlick values deh??
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          Plus, some Trinis might say he went to a good school however, his alma mater, St. Mary's College in POS, needs a "Ruel Reid" (Jamaica College headmaster credited with arresting the slide of the school and righting the ship). St Mary's College, a Catholic school that is partially funded by the government (at least 50% funding), has a principal who seems to have lost the plot IMO, given up the ghost so to speak, with respect to many things, not least academic and discipline... whe de cyatahlick values deh??
          ...and with all dat said...a tek it dat you like Hislop too...
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yes... likeable gentleman. I met him once socially, he's what we call "grounds"...
            Peter R

Comment

The Shaka I knew was a really down to earth guy. This was before he went to play football in the EPL. Not sure if the spotlight and fame changed him any. We were in a few classes together when he was in his final year at Howard.
              If he remains the same Shaka, then I say he is a good summady.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

So you're a Howard alum. Do you know Oliver McIntosh aka OliMo, who owns SportsMax???

Comment

Working...
                X