No announcement yet.

Jamaica NEED 2 quality warm up games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica NEED 2 quality warm up games...

...before going to Panama on Sept. 6th.

The US travels to Bosnia-Herzegovina to play a friendly on Aug. 14 (ESPN2 ; 2:00PM)

[BTW: USAF, I am on top of this!!]

In essence, this is the US warm-up before going to rabid Costa Rica-- who is fuming from 2 consecutive loss to the US. I am sure Costa Rica will be shutting down their country in preparation to beat the US.

Jamaica NEEDs to be even more vigilant in their preparation!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Well, H....

WRONG: Forum for this otherwise sensible post.

RIGHT: Choice by the JFF (based partially on his work with Cameroon, etc.)

WRONG: Stupid Timing; this should have been done long before now; cannot save us now for 2014 WC.

RIGHT: Desirable move for creating a solid national program, and for focusing on WC 2018 and beyond.

I still think of Lazaroni with longing (no pun intended!!).

Comment

* Wrong forum indeed Historian!

* JFF can only buy what they can afford

* Jamaica will always be Jamaica when it comes to management. i am very disappointed with the good Cap'n Burrell--on his efforts to get prep. games forthe squad.

* I could not get myself to like Laza
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Need 2 quality strikers, 2 quality midfielders and 2 quality defenders..THEN we can compete.

Comment

Boyz court South American opponent for friendly

BY SEAN A WILLIAMS Assistant Sport Editor
          Friday, July 19, 2013

THE Reggae Boyz are aiming at getting at least one friendly international before going into their decisive CONCACAF World Cup qualifier away to Panama in September.

Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) President, Captain Horace Burrell said on Wednesday that efforts are underway to secure a game on the FIFA date in August against a South American opponent.

“There’s a FIFA date on August 14 I believe, and already we have been looking at the possibilities with (UK-based) Kentaro Sports and (Brazil-based) Traffic Sports, plus a couple of agents in South America to arrange this game for us,” he said.
          Burrell told reporters at a press conference to present new Reggae Boyz head coach, German Winfried Schafer, that the proposed friendly would be played in England.
          “There are few teams we are looking at, and this one in particular, if it materialises, will be played in London... many of our players play in Europe and some of them would have just started their season, and because we want to work closely with the clubs and to maintain close relationships, we wouldn’t want to take the players far away for friendlies,” Burrell said.
          The football head said he’s not confirming the game, but only to inform that everything possible is being done to make it a reality.
          “The federation is determined to get at least one game before the match against Panama,” Burrell noted.
          He said while high quality opponents are always a priority of his administration, sometimes circumstances will force the contrary.
          “Firstly, we will always look at getting high performing teams for our Boyz, but if those efforts fail, then we might have to look closer to home,” he stated.
          To their credit, Jamaica have engaged South American powerhouses Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay in the past.
          It is widely accepted that Jamaica missed a great opportunity of team building and chemistry by failing to qualify for the ongoing CONCACAF Gold Cup in the USA.
          The other five nations in the final World Cup qualifying phase — USA, Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico and Panama — are all getting valuable practice ahead of the next round of matches.
          Meanwhile, new Boyz coach Schafer welcomed the idea of a possible high-quality game before the Panama encounter, which would give him added opportunity to see the players to strengthen what he has seen of them in recent World Cup qualifying match.
          “I need to see the players, talk with them, to see their character... I am not a dictator, so every player will get his chance to speak. Games will tell if the players have talent or not, whether you have the right players.
          “So I can’t tell you what we are going to do until I see the players (in training and in game situations),” said Schafer, who succeeded Theodore ‘Tappa’ Whitmore as head coach of the Boyz.
          The German comes, it seems, as some miracle worker as he’s charged with the difficult task of turning around Jamaica’s fortunes in the current World Cup qualifying campaign of which Jamaica sit at the bottom with two points.
          The USA lead the CONCACAF qualifying campaign with 13 points, followed by Costa Rica on 11, Mexico on eight, Honduras with seven, and Panama on six.
          Three teams from the play-offs will gain automatic berths to Brazil 2014, while the fourth-place finisher’s fate will be decided by inter-continental play-off with the champions of Oceania.
          Based on realistic forecasts, it looks like Jamaica’s best shot would be that play-off spot, though mathematically they could still claim an automatic place with four matches to go.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2ZbuBbPbm
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
          X