RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching the US v. El Salvador game!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching the US v. El Salvador game!!

2:1 USA...almost end of first half.

Very good game!! (so far).

Jamaica has lost a trailer load of money by not qualifying.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I will say this on these Gold Cup match showings the USA seems to be a cut above the CONCACAF teams.

This match had a TEAM single-minded on togetherness - sharing the ball: excellent movement and passing/passing and movement - and goal-scoring!

This FOOTBALL?
    Simple game, actually!!!

Donovan played a great TEAM game.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Never miss our games if I can help it!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How much do teams earn for each round/stage of the Gold Cup???

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
          How much do teams earn for each round/stage of the Gold Cup???
          I read where Cap'n Burrell stated that Jamaica lose >$100K from not qualifying.

I take it that the teams earn more the further they get.

The USA game was sold out --there were 55K at the Georgia Dome.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Carib cup results determines the Caribbean entrants into the Gold Cup. What competitions determine the other qualifiers eg Canada, USA, and the C. Americans?.

Comment

All three teams from the North American zone -- Canada, USA, Mexico -- qualify automatically.

Personally, I don't see why Canada should continue to get that privilege.
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

They always will. Money talk. Canada may not have a good team but they have a big population and TV revenue. If you want to grow the Gold cup you have to keep them in and hope one day they will perform.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good point. And they did win it once in recent history (2000).

In fact, the tournament has only been won by teams from the North American zone.
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                  X