Concacaf Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concacaf Gold Cup

The results and performances in this Gold Cup show that the current teams playing in the Hex are a cut above their Concacaf counterparts.
    Jamaica is a much better team than a lot of us give them credit for!!

nuff man just chat. All we need is a coach who can motivate the team and place some emphasis on attacking. It would be good if we also got back Nugsby, talylor and Phillips.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

..and a lot worse than many of us are willing to accept!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        The results and performances in this Gold Cup show that the current teams playing in the Hex are a cut above their Concacaf counterparts.
        Jamaica is a much better team than a lot of us give them credit for!!
        Dunny how many of the games have you seen?

I have watched 90% of the games on TV and seen 2 games A-LIVE.

The current local Jamaican squad is crap. They could not beat El Salvador, Honduras...not even the Belize team.....

The Semi-finals clearly shows the teams at the top of CONCACAF. Jamaica is not there.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

do me a favor and go back and watch the Jamaican team in the 2011 Gold cup and consider this that all the players are still active, and we even have some better players now and you will get the drift. Consider the fact that US team and the Mexican team then was much stronger than this one.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            do me a favor and go back and watch the Jamaican team in the 2011 Gold cup and consider this that all the players are still active, and we even have some better players now and you will get the drift. Consider the fact that US team and the Mexican team then was much stronger than this one.
            The 3rd paragraph used the word CURRENT crop of local players.

I was not impressed with the 2011 group of players either.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It is not so much the players HL. We have had worst teams and have gotten better results.

It is about belief, coach and the pool. Jamaica have a wide pool to select from, larger than most country its size. Currently at home Jamaica playing with one forward and pretty much playing a defensive game in the first half and trying to sneak a goal in the second. You know that don't work at home.

The mentality have to change. We have enough good players and not to mention Burrell didn't do a good job of getting camps or friendlies for the team leading up to the qualifiers. If you don't play motivated football you can't win even with stars. Ask Mexico current "big team" about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                nuff man just chat. All we need is a coach who can motivate the team and place some emphasis on attacking. It would be good if we also got back Nugsby, talylor and Phillips.
                Quick fix only, Sass?
                Yes I agree with you that a good teacher/coach can in a few years bring our senior Reggae Boyz into the realm of 'good TEAM'...
                ...but is that all we wish?

I would hope our aims would be somewhere in line with the accomplishments of those who manage development across the board and national TEAMs performances of our Track athletes. Right???? ...development from the cradle to national senior TEAMs and right across the island from Morant Point to Negril Point, from the North Coast to the South Coast...East to West and North to South across the island? Right???? Perpetual renewal...a perpetual churning out of quality players and teams...leading to among other things perpetual strong national teams????
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

have to disagree sass.. the issue is preparation.. if it was up to motivation portia simpson would would be a great coach..

Comment

no I agree about preparation. My point we have a decent set of players to choose from and with the right coach and prep we should be ok. It is not like we can't get nowhere with the players we have.

Comment

The amount of revenue lost due to the Tappa debacle...dem shoulda jus pay Winnie and done...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                        Dunny how many of the games have you seen?

I have watched 90% of the games on TV and seen 2 games A-LIVE.

The current local Jamaican squad is crap. They could not beat El Salvador, Honduras...not even the Belize team.....

The Semi-finals clearly shows the teams at the top of CONCACAF. Jamaica is not there.
                        I've watched all the games Boss and i am convince Jamaica is superior to Canada, El Salvador, T&T, Belize, Cuba etc. The 6 teams battling it out in the hex are the best 6 teams in Concacaf. These teams are where they are on merit.

Comment

Working...
                        X