• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt upbeat after Young Boyz' ugly start

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...126&category=1

----------

Canada spank Young Boyz 3-0
    published: Monday | April 30, 2007

Jamaica's captain Dever Orgill (left) in a battle for possession with Canada's Marcus Johnstone in action from Saturday's CONCACAF Under-17 World Cup Group B qualifier at the National Stadium. Canada won 3-0. - photos by Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer

Robert Bailey, Freelance Writer

Jamaica's Under-17 coach David Hunt said he is still very confident that his team will qualify for this year's World Cup tournament, despite their 3-0 defeat by Canada in the opening match in the Group B CONCACAF fixture at National Stadium on Saturday.

In the opening game of the double-header, Costa Rica defeated Trinidad and Tobago 2-0.

" It was a tough loss for us," said Hunt. He, however, added that the team had three more games to go and nine points can take them to the World Cup.

First game is history

"We still have to be very positive. We have to tell the players that the first game is history now, let us move on because we have a few days to prepare for our game against Costa Rica because we definitely need a good result against them," Hunt said.

Hunt also dismissed claims that some of the players were over-worked and tired prior to the start of the game. "I don't think that the players looked jaded because we were trying right up to the end, and a jaded team wouldn't have got so many opportunities in the second half of the game," Hunt said.

"I believe that the players tried their best and I must lift my hat off to them. I think that we would have to go back and look at some of the areas that we need to improve when we look at the film," Hunt explained.

Daniel Tannous gave the Canadian the lead in the third minute of the game when he headed home a right-sided free kick from William Hyde past custodian Oneil Wilson. Kenniel Hyde should have pulled the Jamaicans level a few minutes later but instead his point-blank shot went high over the crossbar.

Jarek Whiteman doubled Canada's lead three minutes before half-time when he pounced onto a rebound shot off the goalkeeper then calmly placed the ball into the net.

Jamaica came in the second half looking much the better side and created a number of scoring chances. Hyde's shot from close in hit the crossbar against the run of play. Jamaica's captain Dever Orgill found himself wide open at the back post but headed into the hands of the goalkeeper Adam Street.

Canada's William Hyde sealed the issue three minutes from time with a powerful shot which went like a rocket past Wilson at his near post.

TODAY'S GAMES: Canada versus Costa Rica at 5:00 p.m. Trinidad and Tobago versus U.S.A at 7:00 p.m.

Canada 3
    Daniel Tannous 3rd
    Jarek Whiteman 42nd
    William Hyde 83rd
    Jamaica 0
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Re: Hunt upbeat after Young Boyz' ugly start

boy the vibez jess dead in here

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
      boy the vibez jess dead in here
      Lack of success spread over an appreciable time will do that.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

that is what you are here for to keep up the vibes
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I guess Boxhill is killing football.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla 'T', I was about to quote your Vince Lombardi quote about winning and losing becoming HABIT.

Poor leadership too can become habitual. Case in point, the person who Mosiah, Lazie, Assasin, Gamma, Shatta Ranks, TK, Maudib, Balla, ...etc. support that is:--Creston Boxhill.

Yes is me say suh
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL let me correct you again, I never supported Boxhill.
              Yes I was tuff on Burrell in the end but I said I didn't know anything about Boxhill and I didn't know his accomplishment so I couldn't vote for him.

There is no record to show I supported Boxhill crew. I thought Burrell was the stronger of the two candidate and I will correct you again. Nuh tell nuh lie pon mi, mi and you a brethren but I may have to take you to Judge Judy or Joe Brown cause you defaming my character
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, I supported Boxhill. And given the situation at the time, I have no regrets doing so.

Please archive!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And in hindsight, what a costly mistake that was heh Mosiah? Nowhere do you just take up an ordinary joe off the streets(car inspector) and thrust him into a position as high as JFF president...I would love to see Boxhills Resume..

In burrell we had a true leader (arrogant to boot), one that is not afraid to tell Mosiah to F@#$%k off (AKA go jump in the sea)...maybe its because of his military training. What arrogance.
                  President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Again, if Burrell's only problem was arrogance, and he told me about my mother 100 times, then he would still be in office. But alas, he had bigger problems than that, and he was duly sent packing!

Boxhill was hardly an ordinary joe. Ask before you look like...okay, we may have gone past that point already!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Again, if Burrell's only problem was arrogance, and he told me about my mother 100 times, then he would still be in office. But alas, he had bigger problems than that, and he was duly sent packing!

Boxhill was hardly an ordinary joe. Ask before you look like...okay, we may have gone past that point already!
                      Well, what exactly is Boxhill's claim to Fame Mosiah? And how has he used his "success" in these other areas to benefit Jamaica's football.

I dont mind walking around with eggs on my face...go ahead and make your point...
                      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Boxhill was not given the support needed by his peers . Ever since he took office the captain has been sticking his nose in the domestic affairs calling no confidence vote getting his puppets in the parishes to try to call early election. I bet it is captian fault that the academy take so damm long to build.. burrell has power you know..

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                          Tilla 'T', I was about to quote your Vince Lombardi quote about winning and losing becoming HABIT.

Poor leadership too can become habitual. Case in point, the person who Mosiah, Lazie, Assasin, Gamma, Shatta Ranks, TK, Maudib, Balla, ...etc. support that is:--Creston Boxhill.

Yes is me say suh
                          Careful where yuh aiming that shotgun.. dunno where yuh get the idea that I support Boxhill.

Comment

Boxhill was probably more "qualified" for the position than Burrell was when he assumed power in 94.

I refuse to do your homework for you.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Boxhill was probably more "qualified" for the position than Burrell was when he assumed power in 94.

I refuse to do your homework for you.
                              My challenge to you is to let the fourm know exactly what mr Boxhill's quailifications are that made him stand-out in your mind, as more qulified to run Jamaica's football than Mr. Horace Burrell. Stop playing games.

The little I know of Boxhill before he was elected head of the JFF...is that he was equipment manager for the senior team. Go ahead and knock yourself out if you think that qaulifies him for the top football job in the Caribbean.

Comment

Working...
                              X