RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schafer don't Romp! Do whatever it takes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schafer don't Romp! Do whatever it takes!

Suspicions Of Magic

Before their Cup of Nations semi-final against the hosts Mali in 2002, the Cameroon coach Winfried Schafer and his assistant Thomas Nkono, arguably the greatest goalkeeper in Africa’s history, wandered out onto the pitch at the 26 March Stadium in Bamako to check the progress of the other semi-final on the big screen.

Malian police then swooped, arresting the pair of them and dragging them away. As Nkono struggled, his tracksuit bottoms fell down around his ankles.

Police initially accused them of not showing the proper accreditation, but it later turned out that they thought Nkono had been placing a magic charm on the grass.

I remember that story very well.

There were also some fans dressed in voodoo/witch craft/bushdoctor attire at the games....

Lots of western coaches and players have similar superstitious (magic) tendencies.......
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Absolutely, I noticed the Brazilian centre half doing a lot of unusual looking spiritual type stuff before and after the game, I also watched the mex versus jamaica game again in jamaica and noticed te mex forwards doing some unusual type business in the center circle.

Comment

Working...
      X