X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevens signs in Thailand...Daley & Williams on trials

Stevens signs with Gulf Saraburi FC in Thailand

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

REGGAE Boy Errol Stevens has signed a one-year contract with Thailand club Gulf Saraburi FC and is looking to grab the opportunity with both hands.

Stevens, 27, who made his senior debut in 2011 against Colombia in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, has been out of the national set up because of injury.

Errol Stevens displays his new team’s scarf after signing a one-year contract recently.

"Well, I'm happy to be back in an environment where I can be completely focused on football, and it's also good seeing that I stand a better chance of getting back into the national team after being out with injury," he told the Jamaica Observer.

Stevens, standing at 6ft 2in, is a powerful forward who also possesses decent pace and technique, and has experience playing in Asia having donned the colours of Hanio FC in the Vietnam league in 2012.

A former student of Greater Portmore High School, Stevens also had a four-month stint with Russian club FC Khimki in 2009, having played for local clubs Harbour View, Portmore United, Tivoli Gardens, and Arnett Gardens.

Stevens missed most of last season with Arnett Gardens because of a knee injury and last played for Jamaica in May 2012, when he came off the bench and created the lone goal for Jermie Lynch in a 1-0 win over Guyana at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.

He caught the eyes of then coach Theodore Whitmore and will be hoping that he can be a part of the new coach's plans for the upcoming World Cup fixtures following his eight-month absence.
    "Thank God that's behind me," emphasised Stevens.

Meanwhile, fellow Reggae Boyz midfielder Kaemmar Daley of Tivoli Gardens, and Harbour View's defender Dicoy Williams, were also at the club on trials.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2avSdutPk
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

He scored both goals today in a 2-0 win.

Comment

Kaemmar Daley

I've seen Daley only in video highlights, BUT posters have said he's a very talented player & some have even said he's the next Jamaican "star", after his performance at the '09 Pan Am games.
      1. It took him a few years after that to get a professional contract at League 1 Preston North End (English 3rd Div.) & that didn't last long.
      2. He then failed to secure a contract with USL Pro team Orlando City (U.S. 3rd Div.)
      3. Now he's on trial in Thailand???

Is it "bad luck" OR is he NOT as good as some posters thought he was/is???

Comment

Started out as promising...and has slipped.
        Extremely talented!
        Poor development!!! Could that be equal to poor attitude + poor teaching/coaching???
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Does any one know how he is doing over there?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Highlight video of a game won 3-0 by Gulf Saraburi. Errol Stevens, #8 in red, scored two goals.

Errol Stevens is doing quite well. He has about six or seven goals this season. I am Facebook friends with him. He said he has signed with Gulf Saraburi for the rest of the season. He said he loves being in Thailand, as opposed to his stint with the Russian team Khmik, where thugs chased him down the street.

Gulf Saraburi is in Yamaha League 1, which is one level below the Toyota Premier League. I don't know where Gulf Saraburi is in the league standings.
            I'll ask him.
            Last edited by Bruce; September 30, 2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Highlight video of a game won 3-0 by Gulf Saraburi. Errol Stevens, #8 in red, scored two goals.

Errol Stevens is doing quite well. He has about four or five goals this season. I am Facebook friends with him. He said he has signed with Gulf Saraburi for the rest of the season. He said he loves being in Thailand, as opposed to his stint with the Russian team Khmik, where thugs chased him down the street.

Gulf Saraburi is in Yamaha League 1, which is one level below the Toyota Premier League. I don't know where Gulf Saraburi is in the league standings.
              I'll ask him.
              Is this up-to-date info, Bruce?

Comment

As Far As I Know, Yes

As far as I know, yes. I sent Errol a message asking for more information. Errol could give the REggae Boyz some speed down the left side.

Comment

I just heard from Errol. When he signed, it was mid-season for Gulf Saraburi.
                  Errol has 6 goals and 3 assists in 10 games. Gulf Saraburi is in sixth place in Yamaha League 1, after being ninth at mid season.

Comment

OK! ...await your follow-up post.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X