Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Sam's successor at Bolton! --->--->

Lee succeeds Allardyce at Bolton
    Sammy Lee, formerly assistant to Sam Allardyce, has been appointed as Allardyce's successor at Bolton Wanderers.
    (REUTERS)
    James Boardman

(REUTERS) 30 Apr 2007

Sammy Lee was named as the new manager of Bolton Wanderers on Monday following the resignation of Sam Allardyce on Sunday.
    Lee, the former Liverpool player, had been assistant to Allardyce at the Reebok Stadium.
    "It took me one second to decide to accept the job after it was offered to me," Lee said at a news conference.

"I am very proud to be sat here in front of everybody as the new manager of Bolton Wanderers.

"The education I've gained from working with Sam Allardyce has been immense.

"I have to continue what Sam has started, that's first and foremost, and then re-evaluate it after that.
    "It certainly is a healthy position that Bolton are in, we're now contesting for a place in Europe.
    "The main thing for us is to keep the players stable and to make sure that we get the result we firmly feel we deserve after all the hard work we've done this season."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X