'I'm well here, I'm happy here'...Liverpools' dilemna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I'm well here, I'm happy here'...Liverpools' dilemna

I'm well here, I'm happy here': Liverpool target Costa keen to stay at Atletico

By Paul Collins

Diego Costa insists he is happy at Atletico Madrid amid interest from Liverpool in his services.
    Liverpool last week lodged a £21.8million bid for the 24-year-old Brazil international, who scored 20 goals in 44 matches for the Spanish club last season.
    However, Costa says is not looking to move away from the Vicente Calderon and is keen to stay with the Rojiblancos if they want him to.

I'm well here, I'm happy here,' he was quoted as saying by AS after returning to Madrid with Atletico from their pre-season tour to South America.

'As I've been in Argentina and Uruguay I've not heard anything about this.

'I'm happy here, if the club want me to be here, I'm going to be here.

'I think that the coach (Diego Simeone) counts on all of us, not just me. He knows how important it is to maintain the squad, the fans know it as well.'
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

And I am NOT HAPPY HERE......

Suarez ready to take legal action against Liverpool in bid to force dream move
    to Arsenal

By Sami Mokbel and Laurie Whitwell
    Luis Suarez is prepared to take legal action against Liverpool in a bid to force through his protracted move to Arsenal.

The Uruguay forward believes the Anfield club are reneging on a clause in his contract that he thinks entitles him to leave Anfield should a Champions League club make a formal offer of over £40million — a step the Gunners have already taken.

Liverpool are disputing the clause, insisting they are obliged only to inform Suarez of the offer.

Privately, the former Ajax striker has made it clear he wants to quit Liverpool this summer and his camp will intensify their attempts this week.

Suarez’s advisers will seek to have their interpretation of the clause ratified by the Barclays Premier League.

If that fails, the South American will seek clarification from his legal team in a bid to establish if Liverpool are in breach of contract. That could spark an unsavoury court battle should Suarez believe he has strong grounds to sue.

Suarez’s final option is to hand in a formal transfer request, though that is viewed as a last resort by his camp.

The forward remains Arsene Wenger’s priority transfer target this summer and talks between Arsenal and Liverpool are continuing.

The London club have been told a bid of £50m will be enough to sign Suarez but the Gunners are reluctant to up their offer of £40m plus £1, believing they have activated Suarez’s release clause.

Believing they are the only club in the running to sign Suarez, Arsenal chiefs are prepared to wait and see how the contract conflict is resolved before considering increasing the offer, though they are unlikely to match Liverpool’s £50m asking price.

Mikel Arteta is confident Arsenal will sign Suarez but says the club may have to wait until the final few days of the transfer window.

Arsenal’s Spanish midfielder believes the best players often move at the end of the summer as negotiations between clubs reach a make-or-break stage.

So far Arsenal have signed only 20-year-old striker Yaya Sanogo from French club Auxerre on a free transfer and have been accused of lacking class by Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers in their pursuit of Suarez.

Arteta said: ‘I think we are going to start the season with new faces. That is what we are all hoping for. That will give us a big boost.

‘(Signing players) will happen, I have no doubts about it. I know the boss is working really hard on it and the board as well.

‘The great players normally come at the end of the transfer window. The clubs work hard to keep their best players and I think Arsenal will do well in the transfer window.’
    Interested: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger knows his side need a world-class striker

The 31-year-old promised Arsenal fans the team who have not won a trophy since 2005 would be closer to the Premier League title this season, after finishing 16 points behind champions Manchester United in May.

‘We have been too far away in the last few seasons. We won’t be as far this season,’ he said.
    Last edited by Twan; August 5, 2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I want OUT too.....

Downing ready to quit Liverpool with Newcastle waiting in the wings

Liverpool winger Stewart Downing is considering his options after being told he can leave the club.

The 29-year-old who was signed for £20m was a target for West Ham earlier in the summer but Newcastle have expressed an interest and director of football Joe Kinnear is hopeful he can conclude a deal for around £5million.

Downing was linked with a loan move back to Middlesbrough in January but recaptured some of his old form during the second half of the season.

However, he remains on the periphery of Brendan Rodgers' squad as the Liverpool boss continues to put his own stamp on the club.

Rodgers is looking to streamline Liverpool's wage bill and Downing would still have to take a significant cut to fit in with Newcastle's bigger earners.

Martin Skrtel is also ready to leave while Barcelona remain keen on Daniel Agger if they fail to prise David Luiz from Chelsea.

Comment

Benitez eyes Skrtel reunion.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ez-Napoli.html

Comment

Thank god downing wants to go...now if he can just convince Henderson and spearing to mosey on too...as for Suarez...if he goes to Arsenal, that will be a lateral move...and probably not better in the long run for him.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I think I agree that the "lateral move" may not be best for him. He should go somewhere else

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              I think I agree that the "lateral move" may not be best for him. He should go somewhere else
              ....up to your ol' lyad ways again I am sure you cyan wait to order your Suarez 7 gunners shirt...LOL!!! Truth be told, he'd be an idiot to stay in England, but so far, he has not proved too bright. Ha ha...I just hope BR has a plan "B".
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                Thank god downing wants to go...now if he can just convince Henderson and spearing to mosey on too...as for Suarez...if he goes to Arsenal, that will be a lateral move...and probably not better in the long run for him.
                lateral move? to a club that had consistenly qualify for the CL and finishing ahead of liverpool?

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                  lateral move? to a club that had consistenly qualify for the CL and finishing ahead of liverpool?
                  CL seems to be the measure that everyone uses as a minimum...winning the league is as becoming as distant and elusive to arsenal fans as it has become to us...unu right di de beside we.

Comment

Working...
                  X