• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw a headline. Arsenal to offer £51m

for Suarez!
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08...r-luis-suarez/
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    Sell! Sell! Sell! It will be a joy to watch Gamma torment his conflicted self!
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1517251

Yuh Neva di dis?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

well played sir...

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          Yes I did see it, but only this morning after I made my post. I am very glad that Henry is telling the player (it could be any player) 'bout dem ra**. It is patently ridiculous that they sign these contracts and want to break them before they go to term. Suarez, like Bale and Rooney, are the proverbial tails wagging the dog. Now, I am not opposed to contracts being written that allow either party to terminate with some reasonable prerequisites and/or notice etc., but to throw tantrums as is the case with Suarez and Bale has made football contracts a joke. Henry taking a stand is probably - and hopefully - going to send a serious signal to players not to fork with the big boss man dem. Still, I would love to see you in a Suarez jersey.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Off topic...but looking at Gamma's post - Is Luis Suarez

the absolute best striker in the EPL?
            ...and coupled with his technical gifts - right foot, left foot...head and how he uses same - gifts as attacker and his fight on defense is he the best player in the EPL?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              Yes I did see it, but only this morning after I made my post. I am very glad that Henry is telling the player (it could be any player) 'bout dem ra**. It is patently ridiculous that they sign these contracts and want to break them before they go to term. Suarez, like Bale and Rooney, are the proverbial tails wagging the dog. Now, I am not opposed to contracts being written that allow either party to terminate with some reasonable prerequisites and/or notice etc., but to throw tantrums as is the case with Suarez and Bale has made football contracts a joke. Henry taking a stand is probably - and hopefully - going to send a serious signal to players not to fork with the big boss man dem. Still, I would love to see you in a Suarez jersey.
              Paul: 'It' is business! If you think for one moment clubs are not terminating contracts right, left and center then you are not 'keeping up'. Business decisions are being made as business decisions should. 'It' is a business!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Paul: 'It' is business! If you think for one moment clubs are not terminating contracts right, left and center then you are not 'keeping up'. Business decisions are being made as business decisions should. 'It' is a business!
                Karl, of course it's business. The point I am making is that if you are GOOD at business, you make sure your contract with the club has the terms you need in place to trigger termination in your best interest. If you state that up front and everyone signs the contract, there would be no argument. Suarez signed a contract that has no such wording, so him get weh di duck get...but only because FSG have the cojones to tell him 'bout him ra**. Previously, him would just have to gwaan bad and boops, he's off. Well done Henry!

Comment

the absolute best striker in the EPL?
                  ...and coupled with his technical gifts - right foot, left foot...head and how he uses same - gifts as attacker and his fight on defense is he the best player in the EPL?
                  He and RVP are the best - you could argue for Suarez as RVP has a better supporting cast, but I think Suarez is better because I hate Manu** - there, I said it (again)!

Comment

Karl, of course it's business. The point I am making is that if you are GOOD at business, you make sure your contract with the club has the terms you need in place to trigger termination in your best interest. If you state that up front and everyone signs the contract, there would be no argument. Suarez signed a contract that has no such wording, so him get weh di duck get...but only because FSG have the cojones to tell him 'bout him ra**. Previously, him would just have to gwaan bad and boops, he's off. Well done Henry!
                    ...but if we are getting the info as truth...then his contract or the terms under which he was bought had an "escape clause"...i.e. that any sum over £40,000,000.00. Yuh did figet?

Comment

He and RVP are the best - you could argue for Suarez as RVP has a better supporting cast ...
                      As per Gamma's post, we also have to look at 'returns' v number of matches played. ...and in that category Suarez is clearly miles ahead of RVP!!!

Comment

...but if we are getting the info as truth...then his contract or the terms under which he was bought had an "escape clause"...i.e. that any sum over £40,000,000.00. Yuh did figet?
                        Figet wha? You need to read the article. It says:

Liverpool's stance has remained the same throughout: the contract clause did not mean what Suarez thought it did (that interested clubs have the right to sign him for £40 million). The PFA assessed the situation, agreed with Liverpool and suddenly things didn't look quite so rosy for Suarez and Arsenal. That's when desperation kicked in and Suarez finally broke his silence with a series of interviews bemoaning "broken promises" and pleading to be allowed to leave.

Comment

As per Gamma's post, we also have to look at 'returns' v number of matches played. ...and in that category Suarez is clearly miles ahead of RVP!!!
                          Right - he missed the last 4 games through the biting incident; had he not been so chupid, he would likely had a won the golden boot as he was ahead of RVP at the time.

Comment

Figet wha? You need to read the article. It says:

Liverpool's stance has remained the same throughout: the contract clause did not mean what Suarez thought it did (that interested clubs have the right to sign him for £40 million). The PFA assessed the situation, agreed with Liverpool and suddenly things didn't look quite so rosy for Suarez and Arsenal. That's when desperation kicked in and Suarez finally broke his silence with a series of interviews bemoaning "broken promises" and pleading to be allowed to leave.
                            I saw it before. Liverpool carefully skirting the issue by making a statement that ignores the reported fact 'of above £40 million' - (not sure this is verbatim therefore the ' signs).

Never saw anywhere or at the very least cannot remember £40 million being quoted as figure that triggered Suarez' escape. Everywhere it said 'above £40 million'. That type gymnastics with the language Liverpool used is for politicians or persons unwilling to deal with fact.

My GUNNERS offer of £40 million' + £1.00 seem to underline that 'above£40 million' as triggering an escape clause.

Comment

I saw it before. Liverpool carefully skirting the issue by making a statement that ignores the reported fact 'of above £40 million' - (not sure this is verbatim therefore the ' signs).

Never saw anywhere or at the very least cannot remember £40 million being quoted as figure that triggered Suarez' escape. Everywhere it said 'above £40 million'. That type gymnastics with the language Liverpool used is for politicians or persons unwilling to deal with fact.

My GUNNERS offer of £40 million' + £1.00 seem to underline that 'above£40 million' as triggering an escape clause.
                              Karl - are you sniffing glue!? Didn't you read that the PFA looked at the contract and said that there was NO ESCAPE clause? What is wrong with you? Wheel an tun' my yout'

Comment

Working...
                              X