Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...US-owners.html
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

More like collusion, but is their stance illegal? I don't think so.

The clubs, if no transfers emerge, will have unhappy players on their hands; but the clubs do have an advantage, maybe, in that this is a WC year and so each player will want playing time and good performances to cement his position on his country's team.
    Peter R

Comment

The owners are right. Contracts have not been worth the paper they are written on and there has been a rise in the power of the "agent-player-mercenary-complex". I would rather see players and clubs sit down at the end of each season and decide who is going to be tagged with a for sale sign (or not). If a player wants to be sold, then the club should try to move them on but at a fair price and clubs should reserve the right to refuse sale to a named list of clubs. If a player does not want to be sold, then too bad. While I am not pretending I know how this stuff works, it seems to me that there is a colossal waste of time and energy on these sagas in what seems to be a ridiculously immature process.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        More like collusion, but is their stance illegal? I don't think so.

The clubs, if no transfers emerge, will have unhappy players on their hands; but the clubs do have an advantage, maybe, in that this is a WC year and so each player will want playing time and good performances to cement his position on his country's team.
        Do you see Uruguay leaving Suarzez out of their WC squad ?
        How effective will he be, after being forced to stay, when in his mind they "lied" to him ?

Do you see England leaving Rooney out ?

In the case of Rooney, he will more than likely get more playing time at another club, than at mu while RVP is fit. So which is better situation for him and England ?
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

You may be right that Uruguay and England might not leave these players off their squads but if their form is "bad" it is a risk that they run.

You're also probably right about Rooney but it is not so much about the players and England as much as it is about the club's wanting to maintain a certain level of competitiveness. I think the RvP situation demonstrated how selling one of your top players to a rival can help them win the league (and you lose). All things being equal if RvP had remained at Arsenal they could quite likely have won the league, or at least MU wouldn't have won IMO.

My feeling is to sell them if they want to go, but the price has to be right.... and a suitable substitute or two available. As I said somewhere before, I would also ask for one of Arsenal's young guns in the deal for Suarez, for it to go through.
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
            Do you see Uruguay leaving Suarzez out of their WC squad ?
            How effective will he be, after being forced to stay, when in his mind they "lied" to him ?

Do you see England leaving Rooney out ?

In the case of Rooney, he will more than likely get more playing time at another club, than at mu while RVP is fit. So which is better situation for him and England ?
            To answer the question about "effectiveness" - it won't take long to find out and it won't matter. If he is not effective, Rogers will bench him. Simple as that. Uruguay will pick him, but that is not Liverpool's business.

Incidentally, the club would have been very happy to sell him for the right price but not to a rival - only Arsenal does weak and stupid moves like that. Now run gwan an' chubble summady else club an lef' we now before tings get ugly.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Always though that Rooney has most often never been at his best for England as he turns up overworked.

If United keeps him and he makes himself available as much as he can control same or he goes to a Chelsea where his playing time will be better managed by "The Special One" he could come out gang-busters for ENGLAND...and he surely needs at least one such mission for his country to cement himself as one of the greatest of players.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X